Mismatched paint on rear bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mismatched paint on rear bumper

Hi I'm after some advice we went to pick up our new ds3 today (my second one) and as soon as I walked up to it I noticed the rear bumper looked a different colour. It's ruby red but from the passenger side the bumper looked much darker. I was not happy and at first the salesman tried to fob me of with its because it's plastic and the body is metal but the front bumper looks fine. I looked at every other ds3 on the forecourt and none stood out like this. Any advice please I left the car and they are sending pictures to Citroen to see what they say.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Luckysteven; 01-09-2014, 21:55. Reason: Picture add

Welcome! It is not unusual with certain colours to have some colour difference(see here:http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....=bumper+colour) but yours does seem to be more noticeable than I would want. Hopefully our resident dealer Bigfeet will see this thread and give you some advice.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Mines silver and is really noticeable, my friend has a ruby red and again you can see the difference quite easily!!

Comment

My rear bumper was a bit different to the body, and was assured it would be fine when i first got it. And after 2-3 week never noticed it. Should really have a close look but its 17month on now, and think the shade has evened out. Yours appears a quite definite change... not sure if time would ease the difference. But dont get to hung up on it of they dont help, it will certainly ease some.
        Mines Sport Red

BTW Welcome to the Club, see its your first post
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 01-09-2014, 22:26.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Noticed it on mine as well. They had a couple of other new white ones there as well and they were the same.

Comment

The problem is that because the bumpers are sprayed separate from the car there can be a Slight difference in colour but not like this

Comment

Ford had a nightmare with certain colours. The Focus ST in Electric Orange and the RS in Ultimate Green. I refused taking delivery of 3 Focus RS's in Ultimate Green until Ford eventually delivered one to my front door where the car and the bumpers actually matched. The problem, as stated above, is the bodyshell is sprayed seperatley to the plastic parts. With Ford it was even in a different plant and some of the cars coming off the production line were really two tone in colour.

Dont sign for the car if youre not happy with it. In this day and age there isnt any reason why the bumpers should be a different shade. It has nothing to do with metal or plastic. Its because the paint mix is slightly different !

Cheers

Martin
              sigpic
              http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk

Comment

It's not usual to see a difference is the shade of the car, granted the different materials do play a small part, the main one is that bumpers are painted off the car so you do get some shade variants when parts are matched up.

You will see this with very manufacture out there from Ford to BMW.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks I have not taken it yet and we have looked at many cars after seeing this. Some have some slight difference but this seems much worse than anything I've seen. I worry if I came to sell it people would think it's maybe had rear damage and new bumper I know I would think that myself.

Comment

It will get better over time, its just how much better
                    Mine is unoticebale now, had a look this a.m.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      It will get better over time, its just how much better
                      Mine is unoticebale now, had a look this a.m.
                      Either that or your eyes are getting worse
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ultimately if you're not happy with it then don't accept it, if you did it would bug you everytime you looked at your new car. I tend to agree with the others that said there is no excuse for different paint mixes causing these issues.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have the ruby red too, and there is a difference between the rear bumper and bodywork on mine too - not as noticable as in your pic, but mine is 18 months old now (I've had it a year). From some angles its almost like the "sparkle" in the metallic paint isn't as clear on the bumper as it is on the rest of the car - but to be honest the only time I really notice it now is when I'm applying the BSD after I've washed her.

Comment

Would any of you accept your new car if it looked like my picture? This has started to ruin my 3 year love affair with the DS3 wish I'd kept my first one

Comment

Originally posted by Luckysteven View Post
                              Would any of you accept your new car if it looked like my picture? This has started to ruin my 3 year love affair with the DS3 wish I'd kept my first one
                              No. Trust me it will jump out at you every time you walk towards the car and it will just ruin the enjoyment of the car. Refuse it and ask for another in same colour/spec. When I had problems with the RS and being fed up with the dealer, I went direct to Ford and complained. To give them credit they bent over backwards to get me a car with a perfect match ....... it did take them 3 attempts though.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.teamtorquesteer.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X