Air con

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con

If I turn the central air con unit off and then turn it on the air con comes on..can I take it to my dealer and have it reprogrammed so that it doesnt turn on and have only the fans running?
    DS3's are like pizza..they're good even when they're bad..

Not sure which version Air Con you have be it the manual or climate version, regardless anyway I'm not sure if there is a programmable option for the A/C.

It will be just one of those things you live with.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Why would you want to turn the Air Con off.................you live in Greece .......
      E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
      Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

Mine is on all year round
        sigpic

Comment

I have the climate control with the little screen..I dont want a/c to turn on because it makes me feel that the car is not happy when I have it on..plus it feels like the engine loses some power when its on..so fawk that set!

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 POWER View Post
            I have the climate control with the little screen..I dont want a/c to turn on because it makes me feel that the car is not happy when I have it on..plus it feels like the engine loses some power when its on..so fawk that set!
            With mine, if I turn the A/C off but leave the fans on; then next time I turn the car on the A/C Remains off with the Fans on. Surely yours is the same?

Comment

Thats not my problem...let me explain..when i turn the fans all the way down then the central screen shows nothing but the car seat..when i turn it on,the air con also comes on..thats where the problem is..i dont want the air con to turn on..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	citroen-ds3-16-thp-2010-medium-531_21[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	356951 If you have the auto climate control like this, surely you can turn the A/C off using the A/C button above the picture of the person in a seat - you won't need to adjust the fans at all - probably turn off AUTO to for good measure. Or am I missing something???

Comment

Thats not my problem...let me explain..when i turn the fans all the way down then the central screen shows nothing but the car seat..when i turn it on,the air con also comes on..thats where the problem is..i dont want the air con to turn on..
                  Is there not a button to turn the AC off?
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ahhhhh, I understand! Sadly I don't think you can change that :-s Maybe if you press the fan button only when you turn it on instead of pressing auto?

What I understand your saying is:
                    When you want to turn the fans on, e.g while driving, the A/C comes on automatically as well as the fans. But you don't want the A/C to come on when you first turn the fans on.

In my DS3 the A/C comes on automatically when I want some air via the fans also. I don't think you can change this, Bigfeet will know more if he hasn't already posted. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      Mine is on all year round
                      This.

I have my AC on Auto all the time, if there's a loss of power, it's so minimal that it doesn't matter. I'd rather be comfortable than worry about it tbh.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                      X