Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear washer

Yet another issue with my DS3...

No fluid coming out of the jet washer although I can hear the pump working away, the wiper moves and the reservoir was fully topped up today as I thought it might've been low.

I haven't checked the fuse, however if the motor is making a noise then it can't be blown? Also it's certainly nothing to do with cold weather as it's only September.

Any info would be great.

Could be a hose has came loose or an air lock..
    http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...psed17aa4f.jpg

Comment

Have you checked the nozzle? All it takes to get blocked is the smallest piece of grit or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiftpass View Post
        Could be a hose has came loose or an air lock..
        Either sounds a pain in the a**e :/

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
          Have you checked the nozzle? All it takes to get blocked is the smallest piece of grit or the like.
          Need to try a pin tomorrow, it's a bit difficult to access due to the spoiler.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Don't discount the pump playing up even though it is whirring. I had an issue some time back with a C5 where the front washers worked Ok but the rear one didn't. It turned out to be a valve in the actual pump itself. The Ds3 like a C5 has only one washer pump fitted. I am not sure but I believe the direction the washer fluid goes depends on which way the pump is spinning. So this may explain the fact that the pump whirrs when the either the front or rear washer is selected. The part no for the pump is 6434 75. A quick check on the price is about £18. I imagine fitting it might be bit of a game as the washer reservoir and pump are tucked well away behind the wheel arch liner.

Comment

Well thanks for the explanation of the issue, but I've been busy with a seeing pin today and low and behold I must've cleared the bit of grit/dirt that was blocking it. Relieved as what you've explained sounds like a right pain!

Issue resolved for now.

Need to adjust the front jets now as they are shooting into the roof and because it's white I can see the blue droplets of screen wash gathering.

Comment

I think a mate of mine had a tool for adjusting washer jets a while back, he bought it after fiddling with them by hand and making a hash of where they were spraying I don't think it was just a pin type thing, I think he said his restored the intended spray patter by adjusting both together....

Hopefully you won't be so clumsy
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X