Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seats

Well had the car now for 6 weeks and still cannot get comfortable on the seats. I have tried all sorts of combination with the drivers seat but still no good. I get pain in the back of my legs just above the knee's, its just as if I am tensed up on the seat. I think it is due to the fact that there is
    no support because the the seat squab is not long enough, and I am only 5.6" tall. I think maybe the car has got to go.

Sounds to me that you may have the seat too low and the back the squab is cutting in. Sounds daft but start with the seat at the highest point and slowly work you way down until you find the right balance. Also make sure you don't have your arms stretched out as this will also put stress onto your back, ideally you want your elbow to be bent.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Good suggestion, as always, from Biggy I'm also about 5'6" but find the seats in mine really comfortable.
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

+1 with biggy
        e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
        Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

yep, nice and comfy in mine also
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

I thought I'd struggle being 6'5" but I'm lucky that I fit the seats just right Hope you get yours comfortable
            sigpic

Comment

Definitely play around and adjust it again.

My first DS3, I spent 20-30 mins adjusting the seat to just how I liked it, went for a drive and after an hour had terrible back pain between my shoulders. I pulled over at a services and had a go at adjusting it again, it was then perfect for the next 24 months. I did 2400 miles in 5 days over Easter and had no comfort issues whatsoever.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                Sounds to me that you may have the seat too low and the back the squab is cutting in. Sounds daft but start with the seat at the highest point and slowly work you way down until you find the right balance. Also make sure you don't have your arms stretched out as this will also put stress onto your back, ideally you want your elbow to be bent.
                Thanks for your reply.

I have the seat set at it's highest and the back rest set so that my arms are slightly bent but well out in front of me.

Comment

Should sit so there is a slight bend in your knee when the clutch is pressed to the floor using tippytoes not a flat foot i.e not stretched and the back support should be adjusted so you can reach all round the steering wheel comfortably, again not stretched and with a slight bend at the elbow.

I'm 5' 6" and find the seats most comfortable, and i have to jump in and out adjusting the seat from the previous victim who's just finished a lesson!
                  BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Hi I'm glad someone else has pointed this out i too just cannot get comfy in the drivers seat i tried all different variations with the seat and steering wheel ! I feel like i'm sitting "ON" the seat as opposed to "IN" the seat i feel like i am rolling around on the seat around corners its as though the side cushions arn't supportive enough and the"seat" part not long enough as my legs behind my knees are not supported by the seat ! even if i have it on the highest setting ! mine hasn't got any lumber adjustment either ?( Dstyle +) and feel like the lumber region is sticking out too far causing my shoulders to be un supported
                    Any suggestions would be most appreciated

Comment

In the new Nav I have the seat all the way down and then four pumps up with the steering wheel pulled out by an inch. Being six foot three I find this the most comfy position for me as my arms are good as well as my legs without the seat base cutting across the back of my thighs.
                      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                      Bigfeet's File Repository
                      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                      X