timing chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timing chain

Well after a few discussions of me sitting with Citroen pretending to be intrested in why it simply can not be my timing chain making the rattle I can hear on the engine... Guess what it went in for yesterday..... Yes you are right.. they have admitted that there could be a problem with it by the sounds of it and are kindly fixing it today

Sounds like you really need another dealer.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Hope it's all better after the timing chain change mate
      sigpic

Comment

And me... And yes the service department are not the best had to fight with them to replace a leaking oil breather that you could clearly see it was leaking and now this... But just happy to be getting it done

Comment

How often should the timing chain be checked as this can affect the warranty?
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
            How often should the timing chain be checked as this can affect the warranty?
            The timing chain shouldnt have to be checked at all should it? I dont even think the book gives a service interval for it replacing, cant find one in mine anyway

Comment

Glad they're sorting yours. I'm still yet to convince my dealer that this is the problem!

Comment

Not good keep onto them

Comment

Originally posted by colganraz View Post
                  The timing chain shouldnt have to be checked at all should it? I dont even think the book gives a service interval for it replacing, cant find one in mine anyway
                  its either 120,000 or 140,000 i think but mine was changed at 32,000. i know one of the service managers at my local Dealership had a DS3 RED and the timing chain was replaced at 1500miles. the only way you need to change it, in my opinion, is if it is noisey.
                  Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Mine has come back more noisy than what it went in

Comment

May be the tensioner?
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

If the tension is at fault then the chain and sprockets etc will wear. My tensioner was done but dealership changed the whole lot.
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Did they actually change the chain Gaz? Or just inker with it?
                          Cos if the chain was changed bcos it was stretched, the tensioner should have been done too
                          Guessing they didnt change the chain or tensioner
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not sure Citroen done all the work going have to dig paper work out and check... Will try and video the noise in morning show u guys

Comment

Working...
                            X