Setting off alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting off alarm

My Wife saw this article (Not the full article but you get the idea)

Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

Tell your spouse, your children, your neighbors, your parents, your Dr's office, the check-out girl at the market, everyone you run across. Put your car keys beside your bed at night.

If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button for your car. The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies.

I think it's a really good idea, especially if she's home alone. Unfortunately I can't see a way of it working with the DS3 key fob???? Am I correct or is there a way of doing this on the key fob??

No panic button on key fob I'm aware of,but if you press lock button on fob this will make the hazards flash .might scare them away.
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

You should in theory do this regardless as the number one way cars are stolen is from break-ins where the keys are taken.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
        You should in theory do this regardless as the number one way cars are stolen is from break-ins where the keys are taken.
        Yep, always keep my keys next to my bed! Never keep them by the front door.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Another tip: don't leave them in your hotel room while you're out on the piss !

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
            Yep, always keep my keys next to my bed! Never keep them by the front door.
            Me too.

Car keys are always either in my pocket (unless I'm driving of course!) or (if I'm in bed) on the dressing table in the bedroom.

Never could understand this business of flinging them on hall tables etc that you see in films.
            Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Working...
            X