Extended warranties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended warranties

Has anyone looked at or taken an extended warranty from any provider? if so what or who did you end up with
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

thinking of doing the same at theend of the year, mine will be 3 year old at the end of Jan and its been in 7 times this year with warranty work. was thinking of going with the Citroen warranty

http://www.citroen.co.uk/owner-services/warranty

https://citroen.motor-admin.com/warr...icle-details-1
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Be careful when looking at warranties, not all dealers are prepared to accept them. This because the warranty company may only pay so much toward the work and the dealer loses out, we ourselves have refused one or two "baked bean" warranties on this grounds.

Also check the small print of what is actually covered, you would be surprised at how little some really cover.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Slightly different but very similar, I bought an AA Warranty (provided by Motorway Direct Plc) from Car Giant when I bought a second hand C1 from them.
        After a couple of thousand miles the clutch started to whistle so I phoned them up and spoke to a couple of garages and the general consensus seemed to be that the work wouldn't be covered because it would be deemed as wear and tear. However if I drove it until it went bang they'd deem it as the failure of the part... So I did that, it went bang a couple of weeks later when pulling away from a set of traffic lights, I got a lovely tow to the garage and the warranty paid out. Standard.
        I wouldn't buy another though, I spent more or less the same on the warranty as I would have on repairing the car anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Be careful when looking at warranties, not all dealers are prepared to accept them. This because the warranty company may only pay so much toward the work and the dealer loses out, we ourselves have refused one or two "baked bean" warranties on this grounds.

Also check the small print of what is actually covered, you would be surprised at how little some really cover.
          Surely if its the Citroen warranty then all Citroen dealers should honour it

Comment

I got the citroen warranty the other day Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1410565625939.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	356974

Comment

I've got the citroen extended warranty £ 250 with full citroen breakdown cover
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by KEM View Post
                I got the citroen warranty the other day [ATTACH]9850[/ATTACH]
                Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                I've got the citroen extended warranty £ 250 with full citroen breakdown cover
                Do they cover everything you want?

Comment

Yeah all that the normal 3 year warranty covers plus full breakdown cover too for £250 but it's about 225 for just warranty without breakdown that was March this year
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

I went for the Citroen one for £250 as Warranty Direct quoted me over £500. I need to sort out the squeaky front suspension soon so we'll see what my dealer does.
                    May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                    October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                    Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Working...
                    X