Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looked at 6 ds3,s yesterday having second thoughts please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at 6 ds3,s yesterday having second thoughts please help.

Think I have found a good ds . but after yesterday I am a little worried.
    3 of the cars I looked at had the signs of rust coming though the paint . It was on the outer roof panel just above the door. Has any one else come across this or am I worried about nothing.

Originally posted by hollydog View Post
    Think I have found a good ds . but after yesterday I am a little worried.
    3 of the cars I looked at had the signs of rust coming though the paint . It was on the outer roof panel just above the door. Has any one else come across this or am I worried about nothing.
    Not something I've seen in the four years I've been on here o.o

Did you grab any pictures of it so that other owners can compare?

How old were the cars you looked at?
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

10 and 11. sorry no pics. Was only small specks but in a couple of months it would be very noticeable.

Comment

Sounds like a ford

Comment

are u sure it was rust and not insect poop as that can come across as rust the car probably needs a good once over with a clay bar ask mr racoon to go through the details with ya lol
          e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
          Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

nope defo rust I could see the rainbow colours coming though the paint.

Comment

Untreated stone chips maybe ? I've not seen any rust issues with DS3s so far.........
              sigpic

Comment

There is a 12 year corrosion warranty don't forget so this could be repainted under warranty��

Comment

Surprised that you found rust on the cars in the place you mentioned let alone three of six...!

Now not trying to be harsh but are you looking at the cheapest DS3's you can find which are going to have issues or taking the time to look a more expensive properly sorted ones which fall under the full Citroen Approved Program?
                  Last edited by Bigfeet; 16-12-2014, 09:50.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Wasn't brake dust was it (little orange specks on the panel)? If so these are easily removed with decontamination products like Iron X and a clay bar/mitt.

Comment

Working...
                    X