Steering Wheel trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel trim

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the metal thingie on the bottom of the steering wheel?I want to get it wrapped!
    DS3's are like pizza..they're good even when they're bad..

There are posts on the trim that fit into rubber holes in steering wheel. Just pry it off evenly or you will tear the rubber on the steering wheel.. Be aware it is on very and I mean very tight. Go slow and keep at it and it will come off.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

That sounds rather brutal and a frightening task to do.. as I was looking on how to take it off as am having mine dipped either in carbon.. or the matrix code with a blue background

Comment

Do not be afraid of it. It is really not a difficult job you can do it! The key is to go slow and even, the rubber is soft and will tear if you try to get one side off all the way then do the other.

Comment

Thanks for the pic I am guessing you only prize it up from the bottom all way round Anne then the clips will come free the more it's off? Sounds stupid but seeing the clips puts a mind at rest if you understand how it holds in taking it off looks easier haha

Comment

That will work it's those studs on the trim that hold it firm. The hat shaped ends hold it in the soft rubber holes.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz_dsport View Post
              as I was looking on how to take it off as am having mine dipped either in carbon..
              That will look good, especially if you get the other chrome bits done.
              sigpic

Comment

Was thinking of getting my wheel retrimmed in the new year, I suppose it would be possible to have the silver removed entirely and go for full leather seeing these photos, which may be the plan. Not enjoying the cold hard bits on frosty mornings, would much rather a full leather wheel!

Comment

Originally posted by mjennings23 View Post
                  Was thinking of getting my wheel retrimmed in the new year, I suppose it would be possible to have the silver removed entirely and go for full leather seeing these photos, which may be the plan. Not enjoying the cold hard bits on frosty mornings, would much rather a full leather wheel!
                  Speaking from experience, leather is definitely still cold on frosty mornings!
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                    Speaking from experience, leather is definitely still cold on frosty mornings!
                    I have my chaps over the radiator so they are nice and toasty first thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Speaking from experience of full leather interior with no heated seats (thanks for that Citroen...) I'm well aware!

I'm just looking for a better quality feel, looking at getting it retrimmed with a thicker padding, emailed royals wheels for a return quote and see if he can replace the plastic trim too

Comment

Do you have to remove the centre cover first? If so how?

Comment

Working...
                        X