Dealer Taking My Trousers Down???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmt234 View Post
    I know not much about fixing cars, but someone at dealer told me discs wear out much quicker nowadays due to pads being made of harder material including metals.
    Not so much harder as more aggressive. Since asbestos was banned a number of different replacement fibres have been used - Kevlar, glass fibre, steel wool, rockwool, etc. - most of which are more abrasive than asbestos & therefore contribute to more rapid disc wear.

Comment

I like to rub brake pads on my testicles, makes me feel manly.
      Roxie the GT - Progress Thread
      Instagram: @iamjokeri
      Facebook: Sean Kidd

Comment

Not quite sure how that makes you feel manly but if you enjoy it.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Should I be worried ? my Ds3 Sport plus is now 3 years old and still on the original disc brakes , it sailed through it's MOT last month which was done by the dealer . If they need replacing will taking it to Halfords be cheaper ?
          Last edited by len112; 25-09-2014, 19:07.

Comment

Originally posted by len112 View Post
            Should I be worried ? my Ds3 Sport plus is now 3 years old and still on the original disc brakes , it sailed through it's MOT last month which was done by the dealer .
            Worried- No. All as it should be
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 25-09-2014, 20:00. Reason: spell
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I tend to find most front drive Citroens need discs and pads between 25 & 35 K this is similar to most modern cars. DS fronts are @ £130 +vat fitted, so about half dealer cost.

Comment

Where did you get yours fitted for that price Lighty ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lighty View Post
                  I tend to find most front drive Citroens need discs and pads between 25 & 35 K this is similar to most modern cars. DS fronts are @ £130 +vat fitted, so about half dealer cost.
                  Will I need to get front and rear replaced at the same time and if so how much is that likely to cost ?

Comment

Working...
                  X