Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting chat with a citroen main dealer friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting chat with a citroen main dealer friend.

I am struggling to find a ds at a realistic price . And I would prefer one private. They all seam to be in main dealers at high prices.
    A sales friend at a main dealer has told me that. Due to the very low sales that go into private hands and the high percentage of new cars are on this rented schemes . The car are all starting to come back to the main dealers and the dealers are putting them for sale at a high price . which is artificial.
    Yet again the uk public are being ripped off.

Rant over . I want a ds . lol

Sorry but your friend is speaking crap.

First off what is a "realistic" price for a DS, this statement makes no sense. What you mean to say is that you are trying to find the cheapest car for your money which I guess is what most people try and do but this is normally a false economy. The thing to remember is that it is cheap for a reason!

Second over 80% of new cars are funded in some way as there are very few people who can really pay 'cash', granted many cars are being funded through PCP schemes which do tend to mean that used stock goes back through the network but there are plenty of ex-fleet vehicles also in the market place which mean that there is plenty of stock to choose from.

Thirdly of course the dealer is going to sell the car for more than what he paid for it, most approved vehicles require upwards of £600 reconditioning costs before they meet the standard for sale, any dealer that sells cars for less is shooting himself in the foot.

The public are not being ripped off, if you want to see that then go into any Superdry store where they sell you a cheap $5 shirt for over £50...!
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Not a fan of Superdry then Biggie ?
      sigpic

Comment

I have been dealing with main car retailers for 30 years. And to get there car to retail standard is a valet.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          Not a fan of Superdry then Biggie ?
          Cheap nasty clothes with gibberish writen over them, no thanks

Comment

I'm with you mate, shitty quality, thin t-shirts that cost a bomb for some fancy text on them ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hollydog View Post
              I have been dealing with main car retailers for 30 years. And to get there car to retail standard is a valet.
              I think you probably need to look at a different dealer.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I have just part-ex'd my Dsport+ ( which I had on a PCP ) with a main dealer,and ordered a new DStyle Techno.
                I still had 8 months of my 2yr deal to go and got a deal that was too good to pass. The dealer gave me £10700 for my car
                and I have just seen it advertised on their website at £12250. I don't think this is a rip off price for a car that cost approx
                £18500 new. The car had only done 6500 miles on a 13 plate.

Comment

Mine is a 12 plate dsport plus and she was £11,200 from a garage. I was liaising with a salesman from Citroen but they were a bit above what I wanted to pay. It did take us about 8 weeks to find her. As well as getting to know the range and deciding what we liked and what we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by hollydog View Post
                    I am struggling to find a ds at a realistic price . And I would prefer one private. They all seam to be in main dealers at high prices.
                    A sales friend at a main dealer has told me that. Due to the very low sales that go into private hands and the high percentage of new cars are on this rented schemes . The car are all starting to come back to the main dealers and the dealers are putting them for sale at a high price . which is artificial.
                    Yet again the uk public are being ripped off.

Rant over . I want a ds . lol
                    I'm sorry my friend, and although I hate to patronise, sales are subject to very basic economics. Supply and demand.

Demand is high, prices are high, or inflated. I'm sure that you know the rest. [emoji12]
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

Our 13 plate DS cost £11500, had 4.5k on the clock and was one year old the day we picked it up. It was an ex mobility car.

Comment

Ex- Motab which was only a year old? Either one of two things then!

Early return due to being unsuitable or "Dead Man's Boots"

Comment

In My Brothers Case With The C4 Dead Man Boots Sadly.

Car Sold for £15,495 by a Citroen Dealer in Norfolk I think.

Motability were asking £17,500 first to the trade.
                          A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
                          CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
                          CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

I bought an ancient Volvo 440 on the same basis, nobody wanted it was the chap died at the wheel, the car was worth £1,000 but I only gave a "ton" for it.

Comment

I can add my two cents worth to this thread. I'm from down under so my values will be in metric. I am pleased with the condition of my 2010 DS3 which I bought in January. It had approximately 17500KM's on it, and it was only 2.5 years old at the time of purchase. It was in immaculate condition. The national Citroen hotline reviewed their database and they said something to the tune: "We have not heard a peep from it". After 9 months with this car, I certainly can reinforce the fact that it is going well which is testament to the fact that the previous owner cared for this beauty of a car.

As the car was bought privately, negotiations were pleasant and the agreed value was acceptable.

Previous owner is alive and well.
                              Last edited by BLM; 08-10-2014, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
                              X