Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problems with my DS3

Hi all,

I bought a DS3 back in November and have kept a comprehensive list of al the issues ive had on the honest john website.
    go to

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar...owners-reviews

for my review (reviewed by kr03n3n). Neither the dealer or Citroen UK like it!

Also take a look at

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar...owners-reviews

which was the first car i boutgh from citroen in march 2010.

Graham

Phew! A bit like reading War and Peace, that.

Comment

Im Confused ?

So You Bought The C3 1st Yeah ?

Comment

Well thats five minutes of my life i'll never get back. Bad luck mate must have been built on friday 13th the same day the dealership opened.

Comment

Sorry i should ahve put this into context.

Back in December 2009 i ordered a top spec C3. It arrived in March 2010.

After a lot of problems i ditched it at the same dealers (after it broke down for the nth time..) and traded it in for the DS3.

Apologies for the war and peace novel i created on honest john.co.uk. it does however details all the cr*p that i went through with the dealer and Citroen UK.

Like many others i love my new DS3 however the build quality is shocking! The fact that two new cars have dumped me on the side of the road is a testament to that! trouble is i forget all that when i'm flying past Mini owners and they don't know what the car is!

Comment

Originally posted by kr03n3n View Post
            when i'm flying past Mini owners and they don't know what the car is!
            Amen :-)

Comment

has anyone noticed how people crossing at traffic light stop and stare at the led lights on the DS3.. its like watching Dawn of the Dead zombies

Comment

.. its like watching Dawn of the Dead zombies
                It's those Mini owners again.

Comment

has anyone noticed how people crossing at traffic light stop and stare at the led lights on the DS3.. its like watching Dawn of the Dead zombies
                  Yesterday after coming back from the bodyshop. There was a guy crossing and waiting in the middle of the road. As i was coming up to pass him he started staring at my car.....a few seconds later i looked in the mirrors and he was still looking....wicked lol

Comment

I have that all the time, people looking back to check When I see that someone looks at the car I check my rear mirror and 75% of the time they look back

*Win

Comment

Well kr03n3n I made a comment not long ago about the p**s poor build quality of the DS3 considering Citroens stance that its a premium brand. I agree the car is brilliant to drive and stunning to look at but its just skin deep. Get a few thousand miles on its clock (or even sooner) then annoying and irritating sounds appear with the odd bits here and there falling off the body work (well not in every case I'm sure) I just feel Citroen could have made a better fist of fixing the major niggles long ago but didn't has they felt owners would just turn the music up a little louder!
                      Dsport 150 THP 1.6 Belle lle Blue / White - silver alloys - NO leather seats!

Comment

What gets me is the materials being used arnt half bad. I've def seen worse ove the years

The dealers don't give a s**t, Citroen Uk wont take any responsibility for what they produce.

Int the case of the new C3 that I had it kept on breakding down because of a 20amp fuze kept on blowing. the engine computer and the cooling fan run from the same fuze. The cooling fan kept blowing the fuze and the ecu ran on "battery" backup mode until the car died a few miles after - the dreaded "economy mode activated" warning.

Citoren UK said that upping the fuze rating would invalidate the warranty. The dealer was happy to replace but wouldn't go against Citroen UK.
                        so for a 50p item a 16k car (i had a top of the line C3) was rendered useless and Citroen metaphorically shrugged their shoulders and said it was my problem

In fact because I complained so much I was told by the dealer that Citroen UK thought I was not the type of customer they wanted in their cars.

All I wanted was a working car. But as far as citroen UK are concerned that when the cars leave Poissy factory they are perfection. anything after that is the customers fault and problem..

To cap it all the second new car - the DS3 - stopped dead in its tracks after 1200 miles. Temperature sensor failure.

Comment

jhnnbnlljljljlj
                          Last edited by phil d; 01-02-2011, 22:12.
                          Dsport 150 THP 1.6 Belle lle Blue / White - silver alloys - NO leather seats!

Comment

Video footage of engine clatter at start up including sound is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMgPaWtI5Gw

Comment

Video footage of engine clatter at start up including sound is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMgPaWtI5Gw
                              After listening to that I'm glad I got the diesel!

Jimbob

Comment

Working...
                              X