Double takes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double takes

I am really amused by the number of 'double takes' we have had when young younger drivers see me and my wife getting out of our Stormtrooper. Its as if they are thinking what the hell are they doing with a car like that!

Are you old then ? I thought Jimbob was our oldest/coolest DS3 driver ?
    sigpic

Comment

Don't know how old jimbob is, but I am 68 this month.

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        Are you old then ? I thought Jimbob was our oldest/coolest DS3 driver ?
        Coolest yes - oldest no son (you are not too old to be sent to your room!).

I followed an old couple yesterday in a THP Stormtrooper in Macc. They never got over 20mph What a total waste.

When I got pulled by the police at 97mph on the M6 the nice policeman said he was expecting a boy racer!

JB (65 - just)

Comment

When I had my DS3, all my mates took the p*ss out of me as around the area in South Wales I live, it seemed like every DS3 driver was over the age of 50!!
          110HDi Dsport
          Manitoba grey body / Carmen red roof
          Carmen red dash

Comment

No chance of me getting pulled for doing 97, even without the speed limiter turned on. The wife is my speed limiter, she can be asleep but the second the speedo goes above 70 I get "your speeding" in my left ear!

Comment

LOL. Not far off myself

Wife hasnt been in mine often
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I see a lot of elderly drivers around my area, particularly women! The lady that bought my old DS3 after I part exchanged it was at least 50. And I remember about twelve months ago there was a gorgeous brand spanking new DSport Plus on the inside lane of a dual carriageway. When I passed her my nephew burst out laughing, I looked and she was about 75 years old lol.

Comment

Working...
                X