Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Advice Needed!

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping some of you might be able to answer and advise me on.

Basically I was hit by a joyrider approx 3 months ago (chased me down a road after I beeped him for cutting me up on a roundabout, forced me up a grass verge, hit my drivers side wing and drove off) was so shaken up I didnt manage to get his number plate. Informed the police but nothing came of it. I haven't gone through my insurance as I don't want to lose my no claims and have it affect my policy price going forward. Anyway I've managed to purchase a new ds3 wing and the car is due to go into a body shop on Monday to have the dent sorted out.

The problem is that over the past week to 10 days the car has been struggling to start in the morning, ticking over very sluggishly before firing up and today won't start at all. No warning lights on, checked oil, checked water levels and all appears fine. The car is due to go into Citroen on Wednesday to have its second service anyway and I informed them of the starting issues with the car last week when I booked it in, but I don't want them to fob me off and say that they won't do the work under warranty because the car has been damaged or that the problem with the car is a result of the damage because that clearly isn't the case.

Is this something that you think could potentially be an issue? And if so what would you do? Get the work done on the bodywork first so that there can be no questions from Citroen or get the mechanical problem sorted out as it is very concerning that a car that is only 22months old should have such a problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Personally I would get the damage done my self never give them a reason to fight not to pay for it that's me personalle opinion though

Comment

Welcome to the Club Romeo- shame under such circumstances

What model and engine do you have?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi,

I know, I'm really concerned about it and it's put me off having another which is a shame as I'm nearly 2 years into my 3 year pcp and was seriously considering getting another.

It's the DStyle+ 1.6 petrol engine. I've read things online saying that people have problems with the temperature sensor not working which is preventing the choke from working when you first start it up and the engine is cold. Once it's started and has been running it starts no problem. I have pictures of the damage to the wing of you need/want to see them?

Thanks

Comment

If its temperature sensor its a warranty issue, replaced for nothing, and the car should be fine
          Cant you put off your service, and get the repairs done?

Yep- stick the piccies up
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yes I can get the repair done on the bodywork first but in the meantime I cant get it started. If I do get it started i'm wondering whether to take it straight to Citroen because if it's sitting in a body shop for 3 days, my chances of getting it started again are not good to then get it to Citroen.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	358976Click image for larger version

Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	358975Click image for larger version

Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	358974

Comment

Hmmmm. Difficult. You are right that if you take it to Citroen theres a chance they will say whatever the problem isnt warranty because " the exisitng damage caused the problem"

Can you get it towed to the bodyshop, or get there under its own steam, get the repair done, then call the AA / RAC whatever you are in to say youve broken down (If it doesnt start) and they take you to the local Citroen tech shop?

Just thinking.
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's what I've been thinking, my car is currently at my house 2 miles away from the bodyshop so it makes sense to take it there first, get the work done and then use my RAC cover to take it to Citroen once the wing is replaced. It's quite obviously nothing to do with the dent in the wing but I can't take that chance. I just didn't really want to have to re-book the service but I might have to push it back a day or two depending on how long it's at the body shop for.

Thanks for the advice anyway, I'll update this thread later in the week once both issues are (hopefully) sorted.

Comment

^ ^ Think this is what i would do

If it really wont start after bodyshop, maybe take the spark plugs out and give them a bit of a clean. Least check them

I know its not temp sensor related, but may help just to get it started the once. Years ago my mark 1 Capri, had to remove all plugs, clean them, then heat them up with a cigarette lighter before it would start LOL)
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X