Intermin Service booked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermin Service booked

So cars due in on Thursday for 1 pm for an interim service. Unfortunately though, my warranty ran out 16/9/2014 (should have noted that down!) but they said they would look at my caps on the wheels (regarding corrosion). Service should cost about 125quid.

Other than a whistling noise from the passenger side window (it'a a guess) when it's closed and the corrosion under the caps, anything else I might need to mention or look out for?

I've not noticed anything problematic with the car, and it passed it's MOT in Aug this year, other than the eco drive not knowing when it wants to be on or off and has a fit sometimes but not caused me any issues.
    Aka:
    Alex

:ds3:
    Blue Phoenix
    DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Exhaust bracket think can become corroded.

Comment

Well, car passed. Just need new tires in a few months (I'm on 3mm). Have been recommended "W-Rated Extra Load Evergreen" tires'. Impressed stock according to the service dude. About 82 quid / tire. Has anyone heard of these tires before? Apparently Ds3s should have "extra load" tires on them....
      And do I go for winter or all season tyres?

The whistling noise is a common thing with the Ds3s, apparently and not too much can be done about it.
      Regarding the corrosion, won't be a free replacement, but Citroen will be in touch with the service guy and he'll let me know a price. I might be able to get away with pay part-most of it, and Citroen might cover the rest
      Service was cheaper than quoted too. 121.94
      Last edited by XanderCage13; 16-10-2014, 15:12.
      Aka:
      Alex

:ds3:
      Blue Phoenix
      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
        Have been recommended "W-Rated Extra Load Evergreen" tires'. Impressed stock according to the service dude. About 82 quid / tire. Has anyone heard of these tires before? Apparently Ds3s should have "extra load" tires on them....
        That's a load of crap! Unless your car can do 168 mph you don't need W-rated tyres, nor do you need extra-load tyres. Never heard of Evergreen tyres, but a quick search indicates that they are cheapo Chinese ditchfinders. Not that the price you've been quoted sounds particularly cheap.

To find what tyre spec you actually need look at the sticker on the passenger side door jamb.

Don't economise on tyres - your safety depends on them.

The whistling noise is a common thing with the Ds3s, apparently and not too much can be done about it.
        If I remember correctly wind noise was a problem on early cars & a fix was available.

Comment

Maybe try fitting wind deflectors and see if that cures it
          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Evergreen are Chinese, the reviews and ratings are OK but personally I'd stick to what you know. Some of the budget tyres ok in the dry not so much in the wet

Comment

My Michelins are getting to the end of their life now at 23k miles They're expensive but the grip in all conditions has been awesome and they are v quiet on the road. Will look for their replacement when I have to buy the new ones As above, I don't want to risk my family for the chance of saving a few quid
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                My Michelins are getting to the end of their life now at 23k miles They're expensive but the grip in all conditions has been awesome and they are v quiet on the road. Will look for their replacement when I have to buy the new ones As above, I don't want to risk my family for the chance of saving a few quid
                Chris what ever tyres you get , don't even think about the Bridgestones the road noise is terrible I've since fitted michelins to mine and yes they are very quite worth the extra money. In my opinion
                http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                X