Citroen ds3 mudguards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citroen ds3 mudguards?

Hi everyone I am still waiting patiently for delivery of ds3 cabrio since mid July order. I have been looking at ebay for mudguards and only decent ones listed for ds3 are the originals which I am not willing to pay a premium for when there are other Citroen model copies out there for a fraction of the price because let's face it they are really a token gesture as don't prevent much protection. My question for the more knowledgeable among you is have anybody bought another models and modified slightly and if so what's the nearest equivalent? I mean lets face it one wheel arch is pretty much the same as the next wheel arch! Here is a link of a possibility http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-in-1-Car...item2ecd7731a5 Thanks.

i have the original ones fitted to my car bought them off ebay £46 total and would really recommend them. i though the same as you that they are so small at the front and they wouldn't really do much but was wrong they do the job perfect and are easy to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by toxycbob View Post
      Hi everyone I am still waiting patiently for delivery of ds3 cabrio since mid July order. I have been looking at ebay for mudguards and only decent ones listed for ds3 are the originals which I am not willing to pay a premium for when there are other Citroen model copies out there for a fraction of the price because let's face it they are really a token gesture as don't prevent much protection. My question for the more knowledgeable among you is have anybody bought another models and modified slightly and if so what's the nearest equivalent? I mean lets face it one wheel arch is pretty much the same as the next wheel arch! Here is a link of a possibility http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-in-1-Car...item2ecd7731a5 Thanks.
      So let me get this straight you think the original Citroen ones are are the only "decent ones" but you are not willing to pay more than you would for a cheap copy? If you think they are the best ones for you GET THEM! You are paying how many thousand pounds for the car and now want to cheap out and get a something you feel are second or even third best? Better yet see if you can get the dealer to throw them into the deal or at least install them for free
      Last edited by cyclone; 18-10-2014, 15:14.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

My dealer is Brilliant, I bought My Mudflaps and Chrome Mirror Caps for My C3 Picasso From a Citroen Dealer on eBay who were cheaper than Citroen even my Dealer were gobsmacked at the price difference Compare to what was showing on their computer, I took them up then when they arrived and they fitted them before Handover day.

Always worth asking.
        A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
        CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
        CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

Might just do that as regards to dealership considering delay in delivery. I bought genuine mudguards for a couple of Renault Meganes I had previously which look almost identical to the ds3 ones because they are so small didn't prevent much protection. I like to think I am more of a canny scotsman than a cheapskate but heyho. The ds3 will be my second lease coming from red ds4 where I didn't bother with mudguards and all is well. The ds3 is pearlecent white so thought might be worth the effort. Thanks for the input and appologise for not being as precious about my car as others( as long as it is clean I am happy).

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
            i have the original ones fitted to my car bought them off ebay £46 total and would really recommend them. i though the same as you that they are so small at the front and they wouldn't really do much but was wrong they do the job perfect and are easy to fit.
            Got to agree with Shifta- the original ones do work, to a fair degree.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

The originals work, well they're better than nothing but they aren't going to catch the muck like the unofficial ones Torquesteer sell.

I too got my OEM ones off eBay, I think the two sets were £46ish too and they aren't hard to fit - I could look for the seller if you like and you can contact him to see if he still has sets. I think I did this for someone else a while back and despite not advertising them at the time the seller put them up on a buy it now

I've sent you a private message
              Last edited by lfcrule1972; 20-10-2014, 07:34.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X