buying a ds3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a ds3

Right so it's time to buy a ds3. I've saved up enough and got my heart set on a dsport diesel.

I've found one on auto trader. It's a 12 plate with only 15500 miles on it and it's 10k

Now it's got outstanine finance on but he says we will go down to the local citroen dealership and I would pay the finance off and the rest to him. Does this seem reasonable or what?

Any help guys.

Autotrader link below

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s?logcode=visc

Comment

I would be cautious, and please remember that the car remains the property of the finance company until funds
      have cleared in their account. Even though you pay the money direct to the dealer it may still take a few days to process.
      What the best procedure is I'm not sure. Perhaps the dealer could hold on to the car until said funds have cleared, just in
      case the seller is dodgy. It is not my intention to cause alarm, but better safe than sorry.

Regards Tbart.

Comment

Good choice ,good price as tbart says be careful.

Comment

decided not to go with that. something just didnt feel right, plus its got kerbed alloys and a large key mark down the back side.

im now looking at 2 of the same spec, one in liverpool and on in manchester again, they are both from garages this time so hopefully all is well.

they are both dsport e-hdi's 110, similar miles. one is 2011 ans the othr 2012.

the 2011 is £9,480 and the 2012 one is at £9,995 and both are around the 25-30k miles

Does this seem good? average, over priced.

im gonna ring both garages tomorrow and got the standard questions to ask but was just wondering if there are any specific diesel ds3 questions that might help decide.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Make sure the DPF is OK, and not clogged. Else it will set you back 1-2k I think.

Comment

PS. And is actually there lol, some people like to remove it to improve performance but it is now a legal requirement for the mot for it to be there.

Comment

thanks pmk. is that something ill have to physically check or can i simply ask? sorry for all the questions but im new to diesels haha

Comment

Should be able to see it, part of the exhaust but be careful some people take the DPF (Diesel Particle Filter) and just put a pipe straight through it. Probably just ask the garage that its there and is OK in writing just in case.

Comment

I'd ask to see if it has any service history, list of work done etc, you might be lucky and the work was carried out at a Citroen dealer and the paperwork is in the owners folder

I'm not if you wrote down the VIN number if your local Citroen dealer can tell you if it's had anything major wrong and thus repaired under warranty.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X