Bye Bye DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye DS3

What have Citroen done to their prices?!

Have a 2yr old DSport Plus THP 155 on a 3yr PCP, love it and planned to get a new 165 in the new year. Trade in easily cleared the outstanding finance and all looked good. That was until I realised the list price was up by 2k in 2 yrs(!) and the monthly payments by £50! So checked out alternatives, ie Fiesta ST, Peugeot 208GTI and Clio RS 200 EDC. Now have a Clio RS on order.

There's now more trim levels on the DS3 so have Citroen taken the opportunity to bump up the DSport Plus price?

New lights add quite a bit to price.

Comment

New lights will cost more but not that much. Basically the DSport Plus is now almost £21k which is way too much --> I'm getting the Clio RS (Lux spec) for £20k. It's a shame because I've been otherwise very happy with the DS3.

Comment

I was thinking of getting a new DSport but even the price of that was up by about £3k from mine. Way too expensive at that price so I'm sticking with what I've got.
        May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
        October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
        Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by McD23 View Post
          New lights will cost more but not that much. Basically the DSport Plus is now almost £21k which is way too much --> I'm getting the Clio RS (Lux spec) for £20k. It's a shame because I've been otherwise very happy with the DS3.
          The new lights alone are £2800 to buy from the dealers
          http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
          2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
          DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Yeah but that isn't what they cost Citroen to put in their cars

Silly prices, might hamper new buyers, previously they were really good price for the spec you got....
            sigpic

Comment

Citroen will see the errors of their ways in time and prices will most likely fall when no one is buying the DS3 sport plus.
              Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Well I wouldn't buy another of the same car based purely on wanting some variety... but if I were new to Citroen, I wouldn't be paying £21,000 for a DS3. I very much doubt I'll be returning for another one in 18 months' time.

Comment

The racing cabrio is £31k Waaaay to much for a ds3.

New lights are only £850 as an upgrade I think.
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by McD23 View Post
                    I'm getting the Clio RS (Lux spec) for £20k. It's a shame because I've been otherwise very happy with the DS3.
                    Was behind one of these in a slow town crawl recently (Nice blue) and sounded like it had a modified exhaust. Very nice to be fair.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Surely won't this push up the value of second hand DS3's if the latest versions are so much more money?

Same happened with VW and there hot hatch range.

Just thinking of the positive.

Comment

Working...
                      X