Scratch on dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch on dashboard

Somebody has to be the first to post this (or at least I can't find another thread).

Scratched my shiny black dashboard - any suggestions on how to fix?

Jimbob

Contact John Nicol for a price for a new dash?

On a more serious not, rather depends on how deep the scratch is, but I would suggest one of the small touchup kits that you can get from Halfords (or a Citroen Dealer) and carefully fill the scratch & maybe a coat of laquer to finish the job off
    Last edited by John S; 08-02-2011, 16:20.

Comment

Gutted Jim.

Permanent marker?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I doubt that a permanent marker would do the trick, even the blackest ones tend to show as a dark mauve on such hard surfaces, and it will do nothing to fill the scratch

Comment

Jimbob could you post up a pic of the scratch for us to see??

Might be worth seeing a detailer to see if they could do anything for you.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Only a small scratch, not the end of the world. When I have about 50 I will replace the plastic. Will try the touch up and varnish and report back.

When I get a chance I will post it up. Might try some black nail varnish

Jimbob

Comment

Left over from your Goth days no doubt?

Comment

Same here, only a little scratch but it's like the grand canyon in my eyes .. Asked at a car shop but they can't help me because of the special material..

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                  Only a small scratch, not the end of the world. When I have about 50 I will replace the plastic. Will try the touch up and varnish and report back.

When I get a chance I will post it up. Might try some black nail varnish

Jimbob
                  Jim ffs...DONT USE NAIL VARNISH....Chemicals may react with the plastic and make it look 10 times worse !!!.

Clarky.

Comment

At least its not as bad as the "brand" that my son put on my VW transporter........heated up the cigarette lighter and then pressed it into the dashboard...............he wasn't popular.

Comment

This may be a stupid suggestion, but would a scratch on the dash polish out if not too deep?

I've been mulling this over myself, ever since my daughter dragged her wretched bag along my dashboard and put a surface scratch on it. It's not all that obvious tbh, but you know how it is - once you know that there's a scratch somewhere, your eyes just seem to get drawn to it ...

Comment

Damn that is a bummer dude...i have no idea on how to repair it.....hopefully someone will help out in some way

Comment

Hey jimbob thought you might want to give these guys a try
                          www.chipsaway.co.uk they do interior and dash repairs aswell as normal paint repairs
                          Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by ds3oo1 View Post
                            Hey jimbob thought you might want to give these guys a try
                            www.chipsaway.co.uk they do interior and dash repairs aswell as normal paint repairs
                            Hope this helps
                            Many thanks one and all esp. advice NOT to use nail varnish. By the way I am too old to have been a Goth. More a sixties sex and drugs and rock and roll person - still going.
                            I will ask our friendly John Nicol about getting some touch up paint. Like people have said no matter how small a scratch you just KNOW it's there!!!!
                            I will never use Chips Away as long as I live due to my one and only time I used the franchised man in Warrington who let me down badly.

Jimbob

Comment

If you ask at www.detailingworld.co.uk you will get tons of suggestions for plastic polishes. I warn you it may be a bit more in depth that you could imagine possible though hehehe. However if you follow suggestions you could probably make it look like new again. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X