Sticky Valves... woo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Had a tiny stutter on mine when flooring it, (Thought it was slipping on leaves) and my Torque pro app wasn't running
    When I turned it on, on my next journey the torque pro app verbally advised me of 2 fault codes in relation to cylinder 4 misfire

Then I searched the app, and couldn't find any record
    Checked it in to Citroen anyway, and they just confirmed the fault codes were on there, and they would deal with the carbonisation pronto

Its just strange I could never track down the fault codes, but they were in the memory
    Maybe some fault codes just self clear on re-ignition
    I am going to order a bluetooth OBDII reader but i am not sure what one will fit with the glovebox being closed. What one do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by f9aww View Post
      I am going to order a bluetooth OBDII reader but i am not sure what one will fit with the glovebox being closed. What one do you use?
      Doesnt matter which OBDII bluetooth reader you use, when you remove the panel to the left of the glovebox you will see the connector block. That can be pushed out of its holder by the 2 push clips either side, then fit the scan tool, and close the glove box letting the scan tool dangle in with the rest of the wires.

I feel there is a marked difference with better fuel.
      Dont let lfc (A member on here) know your thoughts about premium fuel- he's a staunch supporter of supermarket cheapest... even though he doesnt use it LOL (Cue the rant)

However- it wont cure the carbonisation issue as Ive just found out. All i have ever used is Super unleaded and it still went in recently for the valves clean.
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Another update:

The DS3 has been in the garage since Monday now. Got a call this afternoon stating that the fuel pump had been replaced. It would produce identical symptoms as the valve issue and they are currently testing the car. The Garage asked if it was OK if one of the technicians drove the car home that night to do a 'long distance' test drive.

While they are messing with the DS3 i have been in a glorious DS5, so they can take all the time in the world

Comment

Did the new fuel pump clear the issue f9aww?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            No- never run either of my DS3s on 95 RON fuel. only hire cars.
            I wouldn't say super unleaded doesn't help, it must do as its more refined fuel and will have less impurities. Its just not a cure.

My point was that the GDI engine design will always suffer carbonisation of the inlet valves, whatever fuel, its just a matter of time, driving style and any other precaution
            My THP 150 had no issues when I traded it in and it had done 24k miles (On super unleaded)

I used BP Ultimate and everyone seems to rave bout V POWER Nitro, so have changed to that
            Thought about fitting a rear PCV catch can too... but how far do you go LOL
            I have the E-Hdi and I swear by Shell Nitro V Power every few tanks I put a tank of that in every other fill I use Shell fuelsave diesel won't touch supermarket shite and I find my car loves it but you will get some people say it's all a load of bollocks. Horses for courses.
            Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
            E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Hello guys!

Forgot to update you, my bad. I still have a DS5 on my drive...

Went to collect the DS3 last Wednesday, started fine but it make an awful noise between 2.5k-4k on the rev range. Drove a whole 400yrds and took it back in and showed the service manager. He got the car booked back in and I found out on Monday that is was the timing chain that had failed too.

I do love driving the DS5 but the i am actually starting to miss my car :-( Strange eh?

Comment

Just off of the phone, the parts have just arrived but we will be looking at Monday/Tuesday next week before I collect the car.

Comment

Blimey- if the timing chain failed when you were driving- could need a new engine
                  Pistons and con rods all over the place

Would watch and listen to that engine closely when you get it back
                  If it was just a little stretched, might be OK
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

What am I watching and listening for?

Comment

A ticking, clicking sound on start up which may be the tensioner trying to take up slack in the chain, and may not succeed completely
                      A tapping sound that could be the pistons not exactly in sequence
                      Pinking sound when accelerating from highish gear from low revs

Try not get paranoid however.... I am :Joni:
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X