test drive on sunday - cant wait!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test drive on sunday - cant wait!

hi everyone. I'm going to test drive a ds3 on sunday and cant wait!!

Im looking at the style 1.6hdi I understand they dont do the 99g anymore but I think I can do £30 a year on the tax for the non 99g one...

Any advice what to try out? or any deals to go for at the moment? ill be going through the citroen dealer in sheffield.

I do about 30k miles a year on motorways so looking at a lease of HP deal really with servicing.

the only worry i have is about the sat nav/stereo options and it working with my iphone and ipod classic. but I have put a posting in the relevant forum about that.

Also I want a cental arm rest but not all the parking sensor gubbins... is this possible?

ill let you all know how it goes on sun... so so excited. is that wrong..?

It's so right.........I'm excited for you. You will love it.
    I get mine in 20 more days!

Comment

Personally I wouldn't bother with the Central arm rest, its a waste of space.

Just make sure you get the Sports seats, way more comfortable than the standard ones.

In my opinion the White Special Edition ticks most of the boxes and is good value
      Last edited by John S; 09-02-2011, 09:58.

Comment

Can't go wrong mate it's a gorgeous car. I have the diesel it's superb around town and on the motorway. Enjoy and welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome Joe !

In Terms Of Deals I Think You May Be Able To Get The 3 Years Servicing Pack Chucked In For Free Like I Did XD

And The Armrest Is Available To Buy On eBay But I'd Speak To Our Resident Citroen Hero JOHN NICOL As He May Be Able To Sort You Out With A Deal ! ( Hes A Citroen Parts Manager )

Comment

thanks guys. I really cant wait.

im trying NOT to read the threads on here with titles like

"the bad parts of my DS3"

basically all the bits that are bad and problems folks have had..

that scares me..

Comment

Don't worry mate. I've had learners in my car for 5 months now and not a thing wrong.

Comment

Joe They're All About The Same Thing,

Some DS3s Have Been Known To Have A 'Dash Rattle' But Thtas Only A Small Minority Of Them And It Is Easily Fixed By Dealers. !

Its One Thing That Reely Peeves Me Off About People Putting Terrible Titles On Threads lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Joe They're All About The Same Thing,

Some DS3s Have Been Known To Have A 'Dash Rattle' But Thtas Only A Small Minority Of Them And It Is Easily Fixed By Dealers. !

Its One Thing That Reely Peeves Me Off About People Putting Terrible Titles On Threads lol
                  Thank you! That's was annoys me too as it makes things hard to find with the search box for others.
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'd deffo read through some of the "bad parts of the DS3" threads. It gives you an idea of what to look out for when you inevitably decide to buy a new one
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

cheers due. Will do... but take it all as: - these points have not happened to EVERYBODY!

im just exited now and want sunday to come as soon as possible. then hope I dont have to wait tooooo long!

thanks for all the advice in the sat nav dept y the way guys...

sat nav out - connection box in!

Comment

Hi Joe,

Not sure if you can get it outside of the city signature packages, but I have to disagree with John re the armrest. I do a lot of motorway driving and find it a worthwhile addition to the car. I have simply adapted my technique for applying / releasing the handbrake accordingly. I guess it's down to the type of driving you do though. For long distance work it is great, for city work then yes it can be a bit of a pain.

As for the sat nav system, then so far it has been very accurate although I miss the items my TomTom had such as speed limits, traffic camera alerts etc. I have heard that these features are supposedly available on the built in system, but as yet haven't been able to get any more info about them.

No matter which model / spec you go for, you will not be disappointed.

Comment

^^ Then you need to become a full member and then you will find out....
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

i do a lot of motorway - in fact thats all I really do as i commute from sherffield to leeds everyday. my PT cruiser at the moment has an arm rest and i love it.. i know its a funny thing to love but it does help.

ill ask the stealer...

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                              As for the sat nav system, then so far it has been very accurate although I miss the items my TomTom had such as speed limits, traffic camera alerts etc. I have heard that these features are supposedly available on the built in system, but as yet haven't been able to get any more info about them.
                              This is possible and there is a guide but as Biggie said....only if you become a full member :P

Regarding the DS3, probably the sexiest car around, turns heads more than you would expect and a joy to drive

Comment

Working...
                              X