Noisey tyre query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisey tyre query

Guys, is it just my car or does the DS3 seem to suffer in terms of tyre noise on the road, especially from what sounds like the rear of the cabin whist your underway on motorways mostly.

My car has Bridgestone Potenza's all round , so unsure if these tyres suffer from weak tyre walls which cause a stepping stone effect to the tread and cause tyres to be Noisey or do bridgestones not suffer this like some Dunlop sportmax's used too do, and something I've experienced with my VW in the past.

Can someone tell me if your cars the same or am I shopping for new tyres?

Car has done just 22k with 3-4mm on the fronts and 6-7 on the rears for info.

:bow:

Steve

Hi Steve all i can tell you is that mine has the same tyres and is also noisy, i to was thinking of changing my tyres prematurely, I've always put Avons on my cars and have never had an issue, if they're good enough for Aston Martin then they're good enough for my Ds3 i also find the Bridgestones Tram line easily too

Comment

The potenzas are very noisey tires (even noisier than my winter tires...). So if it is to loud for you try new tires
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

I have Bridgestone Potenza's, and never had any noise problems, in fact I've been very happy with road grip/handling throughout all the crap weather in the last 18 months at all speeds!

What is 'Tram Line'?

Do you drive with the windows down!?

Comment

I'm changing my Bridgestone Potenza's today for Toyo Proxes, so I will see if i notice any difference in road noise.

Comment

Potenzas certainly are noisy- twitchy in the wet too.
            Michelin Pilot Sport 3s- have a look at the reviews.

Used to be £120 each 18 month back (205/40/17)
            Then i got a set of 4 for £90 each early this year.....
            Couldnt believe i picked a brand spanker up, delivery included, for £78 a few days ago. Fab.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by latte72 View Post
              Hi Steve all i can tell you is that mine has the same tyres and is also noisy, i to was thinking of changing my tyres prematurely, I've always put Avons on my cars and have never had an issue, if they're good enough for Aston Martin then they're good enough for my Ds3 i also find the Bridgestones Tram line easily too
              Same here. Changed my rears to Avon ZZ5's and will do the same with the fronts soon as well. I also have Avon Ice Touring's on my winter wheels.
              sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
              Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

I have Michelins on mine n no noise issues, my friends DS3 came with Bridgestones and he complained how noisy they were!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Potenzas certainly are noisy- twitchy in the wet too.
                  Michelin Pilot Sport 3s- have a look at the reviews.

Used to be £120 each 18 month back (205/40/17)
                  Then i got a set of 4 for £90 each early this year.....
                  Couldnt believe i picked a brand spanker up, delivery included, for £78 a few days ago. Fab.
                  I had potenzas on my old ford focus, twitchy wasn't the word in the wet.. I found them damn scary!! few times I started to drive completely forward with the wheels turned

Comment

Anyone had Piradas on a Ds3?

Comment

Good to hear I'm not the only one, need new front tyres on mine so will rotate the tyres to the front and put the new rubberx2 on the rear 1st .

@bluenose62 let me know how it turns out :-)

Comment

Tram lining is when the car follows ruts on the motorway made by heavier vehicles over time, some tyres are worse for it than others

Comment

Got the Toyo Proxes fitted yesterday, definite improvement in road noise on my 50 mile trip to work this morning.

Also thanks to Chris_Blue, I purchased them from OPONEO after reading one of his posts, £73 each, and after fitting worked out at £88 each, well pleased.

Comment

Nice one Bluenose62. OPONEO seems to be the cheapest supplier around ATM.
                            Pleased to be of help- costly enough to run a motor without having to pay thru the nose (LOL)
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi! Saintsteve, I have now driven 2600mls. in my DSport, fitted with the Bridgestone Potenza tyres. I always familiarise myself with the jacking system, after purchasing a new car. I removed all wheels and applied tyre treatment to the inner and outer walls of the tyres.Since doing this, I applied the tyre treatment to the outer walls twice more. The walls of these tyres are tough, being "run-flat" tyres. Initially, I was aware of the firm ride and noise of these tyres. The ride NOW is quieter and more comfortable and the road holding is excellent.However, I have noted the experience of my fellow members and shall be wary of the road holding, now that winter approaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X