Audio on DS3 D sport 10 Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio on DS3 D sport 10 Plate

I have a galaxy S5. This is paired with the car radio and i have no problem playing music or making calls.
    However, when the phone is connected and i am on navigation the sound does not play through the radio and neither from the phone. In order to hear directions I have to disable the bluetooth from the phone. then i can her the instructions / directions from my phone.
    Also, I activate car mode on the phone and again the voice responses from the phone do not play through the radio and are muted from the phone. This also applies to using Google voice.

Is there something that i need to set up or is it just that is not supported on the DS3 system.

Welcome to the club

Does the sat nav audio not play when you're listening to music?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

When the phone is connected via bluetooth. The radio plays fine on which ever station i have it set to. But the audio from the navigation does not play either through the radio or via the phone. As soon as i turn off bluetooth on the phone and the phone disconnects from the radio then the navigation instructions start to play through the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by abaldaa View Post
        When the phone is connected via bluetooth. The radio plays fine on which ever station i have it set to. But the audio from the navigation does not play either through the radio or via the phone. As soon as i turn off bluetooth on the phone and the phone disconnects from the radio then the navigation instructions start to play through the phone.
        What I mean is, when listening to music from the phone (via the car speakers connected with Bluetooth), do you hear the instructions?

I don't use my phone as a satnav but when I'm listening to music via Bluetooth, I get text/WhatsApp message notification sounds through the car speakers.

If it doesn't work that way, I would assume it's a setting on the phone because I don't think the car has any options for when it will interrupt the radio, unless you receive a call.

I usually turn off all satnav instruction sounds anyway and just check the screen regularly.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

hi
          I have never tried that .. but i will to see if that does work... but then that would mean having to play music from my phone which i very rarely do.
          So you could be right and it could be a phone setting

Comment

hi
            I have never tried that .. but i will to see if that does work... but then that would mean having to play music from my phone which i very rarely do.
            So you could be right and it could be a phone setting
            Hope it helps, let us know how you get on
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If you don't use your phone for music then you will need to adjust the setting on the phone to handset only.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I had the same problem with my HTC One, and this is how to solve it.

On your phone go into settings, then touch Bluetooth. This should show your paired devices, so click the settings button(COG)to the right of the one called BT_RADIO, and uncheck "Media audio" Leave "Phone audio" checked. This should allow you to use the handsfree part of the car audio for calls, but satnav directions will come through the phone.
                sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

I have a galaxy S5. This is paired with the car radio and i have no problem playing music or making calls.
                  However, when the phone is connected and i am on navigation the sound does not play through the radio and neither from the phone. In order to hear directions I have to disable the bluetooth from the phone. then i can her the instructions / directions from my phone.
                  Also, I activate car mode on the phone and again the voice responses from the phone do not play through the radio and are muted from the phone. This also applies to using Google voice.

Is there something that i need to set up or is it just that is not supported on the DS3 system.
                  This might be of some help and something to play about with !!!!! I use a galaxy note 3 for my satnav. Now my car didn't come with Bluetooth or usb . But I added a dension bluetooth usb box ( same has citroen conecting box but with bluetooth added ) Sound from satnav on phone only comes through radio speakers when I have used the source button on radio and set it to usb box . Also it's worth checking your phones Bluetooth settings has most of the time mine don't tick all the options . on your phone by holding your finger on bluetooth symbol on phone , it will then bring up your paired devices tap on the picture of the cog (settings) of the paired device and make sure in profiles both boxes are ticked eg call audio and media audio has 9 out of 10 connection times I have to manually tick media audio

Last edited by MARK.A; 29-11-2014, 10:32.
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
                  X