Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP mpg?

Hey guys

Been considering a DS3 THP for a while now. Just wondering what mpg people with THPs are getting? Both motorway and after a spirited drive or combined?

Thanks

My trip computer shows just under 42 mph over the last 7k miles. That includes a regular A-road commute from Norwich to Cambridge and a fair bit of spirited B-road driving, in & around the wilds of Suffolk.

The lowest it's gone over a tankful is 36 mph, but that period included a long & very fast motorway sprint, a week of energetic B-road blatting, and a few days of slithering around in the snow/slush.

My best over a tankful has been 48 mph - the result of an experiment that involved mainly steady A-road driving with the cruise control set at 65. I nearly lost the will to live that week!

It's the best fuel consumption I've ever got from a petrol. Even my old 2CV drank more fuel than that. My most recent comparison is with a 1.2 (65 hp) Polo that we had for a while courtesy of an insurance company, and that used more gas than the THP.

Comment

Interesting stuff there cheers! I currently own a Corsa VXR and while I love it, the insurance and petrol costs are crippling! My average is 29mpg if I am lucky!

Does the THP run on super unleaded or just the normal stuff? How much does it cost to fill the tank?

Comment

I'm currently getting 43.7mpg, reckon it costs £60 to fill the tank..

Comment

With the remap I'm averaging about 37MPG however have had it upto 43MPG when not driving like a loony xD
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

37.1 from day one. Low average speed though. All shitty roads to work my girlfriend does. £60 a tank on morrisons 95 unleaded.

Comment

Since the remap, I have hit nearly 60mpg on the motorway on a long run at around 65mph with the cruise control on. Worst return was around 29mpg whilst drivirg like a complete nutter around my local race track (read roads). I have been using BP Ultimate which whilst more expensive seems to have deilvered both a bit more power (according to my VI Monitor) and definately more economy (according to my wallet). To be honest, it is more economical than my tuned Fiat 500 diesel that I had previously.

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                Since the remap, I have hit nearly 60mpg on the motorway on a long run at around 65mph with the cruise control on. Worst return was around 29mpg whilst drivirg like a complete nutter around my local race track (read roads). I have been using BP Ultimate which whilst more expensive seems to have deilvered both a bit more power (according to my VI Monitor) and definately more economy (according to my wallet). To be honest, it is more economical than my tuned Fiat 500 diesel that I had previously.
                Thanks for all the replies! Good stuff. Would be spending less on fuel then that's for sure and it looks like the insurance could be over a grand cheaper!

Killer - I would def want a remap if I was to get one to bring the bhp almost inline with my VXR. What bhp does yours put out now? Can you feel the difference with it? How much did it cost and what about warranty? Did the car handle well on the track then? Do you get much torque steer? Sorry for all the questions just wanna know more about the car

Comment

The Remaps Usually Put Them At 190 Mate...

Comment

I get 42-45 mpg at sensible motorway speeds.
                    I went for a dash around the B roads of Northumberland last weekend, pushed it really really hard, and still averaged 30mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                      Thanks for all the replies! Good stuff. Would be spending less on fuel then that's for sure and it looks like the insurance could be over a grand cheaper!

Killer - I would def want a remap if I was to get one to bring the bhp almost inline with my VXR. What bhp does yours put out now? Can you feel the difference with it? How much did it cost and what about warranty? Did the car handle well on the track then? Do you get much torque steer? Sorry for all the questions just wanna know more about the car
                      With the remap and a K & N panel filter, I am hitting around the 190 Bhp mark. Once the ECU cache has cleared then you really feel the difference. As for cost Dave at flashremapping will be able to give you an quote. If you look at the thread for the rolling road day at Viezu in Bromsgrove next month he has posted prices there. Obviously, it will invalidate the Citroen warranty, but the remap is backed by one of its own. The car handles just as well on the errr "track" as it did before the map with no major issues regards torque steer. In the wet, you can get the wheels spinning quite easily in 2nd and 3rd if you have a lead foot so a bit of care is needed there. Where you notice the improved power and torque most apart from acceleration that is will be when crusing on the motorway in 6th. You no longer need to change down in order to accelerate quickly if you need to overtake for example.

All in all, the remap is well worthwhile and a cheap way to get more grunt from the engine.

Comment

I will confirm what Cooperkiller said couldn't of summed the remap better myself, well done Cooperkiller

Comment

Working...
                        X