need help with insurance claim.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with insurance claim.

I need some help with an insurance claim. Does anyone drive a silver with blue (purple looking) roof, any silver DS3 should do.

I'll explain what has happened then tell you what I need. My wife was parked in a car park when a lady reversed into the back of her. It was only a scuff and chip, but still damaged. The lady admitted blame and her insurance told us to take the car to a local bodyshop for rapair. Ill post some pictures of the repair and ask you what you think.

Does the paint look right to you. I think its totally the wrong colour. The paint shop says its because plastic will always differ in colour, but its a different colour from the front one.

If someone can post a picture of their bumper and rear of car to compare.

Thanks Gary.

The paint will always look slightly different but that looks like they're taking the piss, definitely needs re-doing based on that pic.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Think they should've gone to Specsavers. That from a picture is shocking.
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

That's a different colour

Comment

This kind of thing is very hard to judge based off a picture compare to seeing it in the flesh but the images do tend to agree along the lines that the silver is a bit brighter then the rest of the car. Now this may calm down a bit after the paint has had a chance to bed in but silver is one of the most trickiest colours to match up.

The issue you are going to have is that you most likely would have signed the car off when you collected it, this is going to boil down to how much weight your insurance has with the bodyshop.

I take it the shop you used is the one recommended by the insurer?
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi Gary

Looking at your pictures, that is quite frankly not acceptable!

I have a Silver/Black DSport Plus - and can send you Hi-Res pictures of mine, showing that view if you Private Message me your email.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SilverColour1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	359080

Regards Geoff

Comment

When some damage was repaired on mine 6 months ago (same position) the colours didn't look too good as a match, (Mines Sport Red) and I remarked on it
              The company rep agreed, but said it would match up over time

Gave them the benefit of my doubt, but its definitely got better over time, and think it pretty much matches up now as I don't notice it
              So it will get better
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well it's probably partly because they haven't blended the panels in. Sounds like you made the mistake of letting their repairer do the work anyway. You should always let your own insurance do the work. Think about it, her insurance know they are wrong so will try to keep the costs down. If you took out to your own insurance they know they have won so they put the costs through the roof. It is true, speak from experience!

Comment

My own insurance would probably told me to go there. They did 9 years ago (different insurer). They are a big company and are registered with Porsche and Ferrari as recognised repairers.

Her insurance company could not be nicer and have told us to get a quote from Citroen Edinburgh (the glasgow one shut their body shop down). Will do this after christmas.

The problem is though, no matter what insurance pays for the repair, its us all that suffer.

Gary.

Comment

Oh sad, I think you should need to contact with Professional Insurance company. I think they will guide you properly with professional behavior. Because a normal person doesn't have any idea about it. I will recommend you Commercial insurance company. I also get membership from this company. And I am very happy with their services.

Comment

This article discusses the importance of this blog for business promotion. buy gmail accounts Promoting a blog is just like promoting any other website and can be difficult to do if you are not sure what needs to be done, but with the right tips and tricks, this doesn't have to be. Hopefully, you find this article on this blog helpful and decide to visit the site below to see just what they are talking about. buy snapchat accounts

Comment

Are you a traveler? So, Do you want Travel Insurance? if yes then Get a High Discount on Travel Insurance. At Litso Travels, we always ensure to maintain the security and privacy of our trusted travelers and this is why we only work with the top travel insurance providers in Pakistan. With a few clicks, you can get the right travel insurance with all necessary coverage yet at an amazing discounted price.

Comment

Working...
                        X