Winter mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter mode

It's coming to that time of year again cold weather , crisp mornings, frost , scraping windows and salt on the road it's time to put the winter wheels and tyres on !!!!!

From show season [emoji1] [emoji295] [emoji295] [emoji295] [emoji295]

To winter season [emoji20] [emoji301] [emoji301] [emoji301]

Last edited by MARK.A; 06-12-2014, 20:49.
    http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
    2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
    DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

I really dont like steel rims (that's why I drive Sparcos )
    But the Aphrodite Rims looks really nice on your DS3!
    Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
    DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
      I really dont like steel rims (that's why I drive Sparcos )
      But the Aphrodite Rims looks really nice on your DS3!
      Yeah I agree don't really like steel rims myself either but don't want the salt to corrode the new Aphrodite alloys. Next year I might get some 17" winter tyres and put them on my original white bellones that's if they aren't sold by then
      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

My Avon Ice Touring Asheras are ready and waiting, might do them this week. Just gotta find the best jacking points for my trolley jack!
        sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
        Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
          Just gotta find the best jacking points for my trolley jack!
          I use the existing jacking points with my trolley jack, and place a piece of wood bout an inch thick between the jacking plate. and jacking point on the car
          Has worked fine for the last 6 or 7 times ive change the wheels, and that's with lowering spings too.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Winter mode

Originally posted by Soran View Post
            My Avon Ice Touring Asheras are ready and waiting, might do them this week. Just gotta find the best jacking points for my trolley jack!
            Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
            I use the existing jacking points with my trolley jack, and place a piece of wood bout an inch thick between the jacking plate. and jacking point on the car
            Has worked fine for the last 6 or 7 times ive change the wheels, and that's with lowering spings too.
            I also use a inch thick piece of wood between the jack and jacking points never had any issues either

Comment

No winter wheels here just very well protected ones and once winter is over then they will be off for a full decon and protection again [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                I also use a inch thick piece of wood between the jack and jacking points never had any issues either
                No axle stands? Tut tut

Comment

Originally posted by Oli View Post
                  No axle stands? Tut tut
                  Yep- axles stands placed behind wheel on cross member, when working under car, or around wheel arch
                  No-one uses axle stands when replacing a wheel at the roadside do they? so if its change of wheel only I don't bother :-)

And I change wheels quite a few times a year LOL
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Where do you go for new tyres that you trust not to damage alloys & use the correct jacking points & not damage the sills

Comment

I go to Setyres, where they have a large glass viewing platform where you can watch everything that's done.
                      The receipt also states "Wheel nuts have been checked using a manual wheel brace/torque wrench"

You can also purchase your own tyres, take to them, and they will fit and balance for £18 a wheel (I got tyres for £78 delivered, that would have cost £130 at Setyres)
                      However, if you go there a few times to get to know them its a lot less ..........

Kwik fit have never given me an issue either

Its the backstreet boys, and ebay sellers who fit the tyres as well , that love cutting corners and using airguns
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Don't they all use air guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Markymark View Post
                          Don't they all use air guns?
                          Nope, I have used my local branch of National Tyres for around the last 10 years, and they always use a torque wrench on my wheels.
                          sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                          Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

I need a set of winter wheels but can't afford asheras just yet :/
                            DS3 Evo Edition
                            Sport Red
                            E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                            Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

I have used Britania tyres for years always seem to do a decent job & always torque them afterwards was more worried about them not using the correct jacking points & crushing the sills

Comment

Working...
                              X