Wheel corrosion.... Citroen say no!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel corrosion.... Citroen say no!

Took my 40k ds in because 2 of the wheels are corroding (opposite corners..)

They've declined a warranty repair saying that the tyres must have been changed and that has damaged them.... Now believe it or not one of the wheels in question was on it's original tyre.

Is it worth arguing further?
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Yes, defiantly, go beat them up

Comment

Oli means definitely...
      Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
      Take a pride in your ride
      @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

I can't prove that the tyres hadn't been changed, but I think I would know if my tyres had been - they cost enough ffs!
        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Have Citroen said no or was it the dealer? As I understand it most of these claims have photos sent to Citroen head office before the claim is allowed, quite a lot of members on here have had them replaced under warranty. I think you should pester them.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

My DS3 is going back in to the garage on Wednesday because of a dodgy 1st gear .. However also because I've spotted corrosion on my rims they said we don't know what the previous owner did with them so we can't say anything but when I said I thought it was a common issue that citroen knew about he denied all knowledge and this is JustCitroen an approved dealership!
            Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
            E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
              My DS3 is going back in to the garage on Wednesday because of a dodgy 1st gear .. However also because I've spotted corrosion on my rims they said we don't know what the previous owner did with them so we can't say anything but when I said I thought it was a common issue that citroen knew about he denied all knowledge and this is JustCitroen an approved dealership!
              Can I ask what you're first gear problem is?
              Mine often won't go into first when setting off at the lights. I think it's a syncromesh issue.

Comment

Yeah basically it sticks... so you would go to put it in to 1st and it feels like there is resistance it does finally go but it feels like it needs to catch up with the speed which yeah would suggest a Syncro issue however i got told
                not sure how accurate the source is but that the DS3 doesn't have a Syncro which i found very bizarre.
                Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                  not sure how accurate the source is but that the DS3 doesn't have a Syncro which i found very bizarre.
                  The source is wildly inaccurate!

Comment

Even when the DS3 was first on Top Gear back in 2009, they even commented that the gearbox was clunky
                    Havent driven a DS3 yet (driven around 8 I guess) that hasn't had a clunky box

Now and again I find it difficult to get into first gear
                    Good luck resolving the issue
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

i've just had all four of mine replaced on a 12 plate

Comment

It went to their bodyshop for photos etc, apparently it's the warranty dept that have denied it. The body shop said he's not seen any others with corrosion... He then asked if the tyres had been changed, to which i replied not on that one (pointing to the original tyre)

They said that because of the mileage they say the tyres must have been changed before.
                        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
                          Oli means definitely...
                          I did but I was tired, I'll blame that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                            It went to their bodyshop for photos etc, apparently it's the warranty dept that have denied it. The body shop said he's not seen any others with corrosion... He then asked if the tyres had been changed, to which i replied not on that one (pointing to the original tyre)

They said that because of the mileage they say the tyres must have been changed before.
                            Contact CUK directly Sash. Sounds like a cop-out from the dealership.
                            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                            X