Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post and needing help ........

Morning all,

just joined and my first post is an unfortunate one .......... had a call this morn and the wife has bumped her DS3!

Tried to attach a pic, not of the actual car as not got one, but where the damage is.

PINK – Door Catching

GREEN – Plastic has popped out, may be due to wing moving back

ORANGE – LED smashed

BLUE – Scratches and scuffs.

EDITED - To kee post clean and easier to keep up to date.

So, little update .....

damage isnt as bad as thought in someways, yet possibly worse in others ....doh.

Led unit is fine and works no problems, its more the casing on the bumper as got splits/cracks etc in the surrounds that are broke. So thats good news. Also there are no creases on the wing and no MAJOR damage to bumper. All other lights work.

Bad news, indicator isnt working in headlight, cant see any conections loose, and also inside the car when indicating the ticking sound is like 3 times as fast?!?!? Am i right in assuming a full new unit is needed?

So a few clips, plastic bits broke under headlight i think (?) cant see without bumper removal.

Wing is shifted back poss 2-3mm max, no paint creases on mounts on inner wing so a good sign, but obviously not good that its moved anyway.

Bonnet seems fine, but gaps are diff for light shifted obviously. and theres two score marks down the headlight.

Biggest issues is the sheer ammount of plastic toe clips/connections, that are broke. im guessing new bumper maybe, as its a single piece? so annyoing as dont want to have to plastic weld loads.

Torn between trying to fix myself or insurance, bad times ahead with major expense being laid out already. May just have to swallow the insurance excess which is £400 for some reason ..... dont remember agreeing that for her!?!? Anyway.

Any help on costs for fixes for headlight appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Whiteyds3; 17-12-2014, 10:30.

My suggestion would be to pop over to a local bodyshop and get them to have a look, that way you will know exactly what is needing done.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

id say get it looked at by a professional vehicle body repairer ,I used to work as a vehicle refinisher/ paint sprayer and from experience the minimal damage you can see and think "oh its only a little dink I can fix that" there may be underlying damage that you cant see as most new cars are kitted with all kinds of safety features to keep you safe in the cockpit like crumple zones collapsible chassis .. if memory serves our DS3's come with the Euro Ncap 5 star rating , for peace of mind get it looked at .

hope this helps .
      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

i will get it checked, just im in one place she in another with it, times of work mean its difficult to actually get it somewhere. Car was less than 10mph travel speed.

I know its poss hidden damage, just after some rough ideas.

Any thughts on the Running light part??

cheers guys

Comment

The part you can get from Citroen, what normally happens is the clips on the back break but you can get new clips and a holder if necessary and pop the light back into place. The light it's self is pretty strong should it should still be working.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
            The part you can get from Citroen, what normally happens is the clips on the back break but you can get new clips and a holder if necessary and pop the light back into place. The light it's self is pretty strong should it should still be working.
            Think its the actual light smashed?

ill get her to check now, but if it is any ideas on costs?

cheers

Comment

Cant you get it sorted on insurance- or is excess too high to do it that way?
              More than £100 work there
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

replacement DRL's are coming up at £80.00 + on Ebay
                If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

cheers.

is there not a prefered dealer or supplier on here?

Comment

http://www.partsworld-uk.com if you are a full member you can get 10% discount.

Comment

Working...
                    X