Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel MPG

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed lower MPG since the cold weather has hit us?

Grant.

normal.

colder air=denser air=more air in cylinder for a given compression stroke=more fuel needed to maintain the proper air fuel ratio=worse milage
    but also = a bit more power
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

As the price of fuel comes down I will settle for the extra power

JB

Comment

Cheers Guys,

Just wanted to make sure my car wasn't at fault :P

Since fuel has come down I've just been running V power Nitro +Diesel

Comment

Mine has dropped by about 5 mpg the last 2 weeks, down to 55 atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantandrew2014 View Post
            Cheers Guys,

Just wanted to make sure my car wasn't at fault :P

Since fuel has come down I've just been running V power Nitro +Diesel
            As have I! The Shell near me is £1.29 for V Power Nitro!!
            Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
            Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
            Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
            Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
            Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
            DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Mines dropped also, although with a knocking noise... Trip computer claiming 45 mpg when maintaining 65mph on the motorway; normally reads over 70mpg...

Comment

did you notice any difference on the V power Dan? I seem to be having less DPF Regens :S

What kind of knocking noise Madman? I had one on deceleration in 3rd, dealer reset my ECU and tappets and its gone.. he reckoned it was something to do with the injectors possibly coming out of tolerance

Comment

My 'office run' car is a 1.2 Fiat Panda. She loses 10% (around 64 to 58 MPG) between summer and winter in Scotland.

Comment

did you notice any difference on the V power Dan? I seem to be having less DPF Regens :S

What kind of knocking noise Madman? I had one on deceleration in 3rd, dealer reset my ECU and tappets and its gone.. he reckoned it was something to do with the injectors possibly coming out of tolerance
                    I'm not too sure, it sounds like it's found the centre of the vehicle... Closer to a deep tapping rather than a knock, but there are vibrations in the cabin, even as low speed. The car does sound rather rough at the moment, hopefully i can get it book in to the garage before the warranty runs out!

Comment

Hmm I noticed a slight power increase and it sounded a little gruntier (technical word). But I guess it could all just be in my head

It is hard to tell in mine as the turbo is all over the place!
                      Instagram - danlock92

Citroen C2 1.4 HDi
                      Citroen DS3 1.6 HDi Black Edition
                      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dstyle Red
                      Citroen DS3 1.6 e-HDi Dsport Red
                      Citroen DS 4 2.0 BlueHDi Dsport
                      DS 3 1.2 Puretech EAT6 Dark Light

Comment

Good advice for all diesel drivers this time of year is to avoid buying cheap diesel from supermarkets and stick with quality fuel. Diesel has a lower threshold to freezing compared to other fuels and in cold weather starts to solidify inside your tank causing the fuel filters to clog. This is known as "waxing". I started a thread about this last year which is well worth a read, never know it may one day become a 'sticky'

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-Diesel-Waxing
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                          Good advice for all diesel drivers this time of year is to avoid buying cheap diesel from supermarkets and stick with quality fuel. Diesel has a lower threshold to freezing compared to other fuels and in cold weather starts to solidify inside your tank causing the fuel filters to clog. This is known as "waxing". I started a thread about this last year which is well worth a read, never know it may one day become a 'sticky'

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....-Diesel-Waxing
                          Cheers Bigfeet,

think ill be sticking with Vpower for the time I own the car now, I have less dpf regens and it seems to run smoother... ill take that as its better for the car and less likely to need a dpf change or fuel pump knacking up (Unless this was just earlt HDI's)

Grant

Comment

I say this quite a lot more than usually you'd think I'm an agent for Shell but I swear by V Power Nitro for the diesel it's all I ever get and my car seems to love it you can notice the difference between the cheap stuff in my opinion. And with fuel prices dropping like crazy makes sense .. If I'm feeling cheap which isn't often I use shells fuel save that's good too still better than the sludge morrisons sells.
                            Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                            E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

I had little choice but to use ASDA last week; noticeably less economical and I reckon probably not as smooth. I'll be back on the proper stuff for my next fill and certainly before I'm back at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X