Standard DS3 Tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard DS3 Tyres?

Been told I'll be needing new tyres shortly! Back ones are fine for atleast another year, but fronts have half a mm over legal.

Which tyres are these exactly? Basically, these were what came with the vehicle! e-hdi dstyle plus 90. Anyone tried using alternatives? Don't fancy paying another £300 on top of my major service @ £240. It's nearly christmas for gods sake! :mad: lol

Michelin Pilot Sport 3s
    Read the reviews, checkout OPONEO :-)
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Could try Toyo Proxes, quite cheap from OPONEO. I have just put 4 on mine, after fitting £88 a tyre.

Comment

I'm just looking at options now, blackcircles offer mobile fitters. Reviews for the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 - 205/45 R17 Y (88) seem quite good. It'd be £178 for two fitted from a mobile fitter. I'd also get £3.30 clubcard, which would be worth £12 eating out. haha.

But seriously, any of the typres on black circle any good? I assume it's the right tyre I am looking at too, 204/45/R17. What's the Speed rating mean? (proper novice when it comes to cars!)

Comment

It's like everything else. It's a balance between "you get what you pay for" and "the law of diminishing returns."

I loved my Pirelli's and got a hell of a lot of miles out of them.

JB

Comment

Yeah that's with everything I suppose. But these ones only lasted 15k miles on the front. Can't see these only lasting a year. Ratings wise, the Kumho's are classed as C - fuel, A, wet and 74db. Noise won't bother me in the car though!

Comment

Would I be ok to put these on the front, leaving the ones the DS3 came with on the rear?

Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 - 205/45 R17 Y (88) ?

Comment

Put the more worn ones on the front. You want the car to understeer in an emergency situation not overseer. It is the "safer" way to run off the road, at least less scary.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I use Nexen N8000, around £60 each fitted from most places, they look good perform and last just as well as the Michelins that came with the car, gettin 25k miles on the fronts

Comment

Originally posted by gmt234 View Post
                    I use Nexen N8000, around £60 each fitted from most places, they look good perform and last just as well as the Michelins that came with the car, gettin 25k miles on the fronts
                    My used car came with nexen n8000's,they are ok but not good on a thp,they don't put the power down very well tyres always scrabbling for grip,traction control lights up like a Christmas tree in the first 3 gear especially on Damp roads they don't seem to wear that well either on my car & I'm a pretty steady driver most of the time looking at Goodyear eagle f1 accemetric 2's not cheap at around about £130 each but then you get what you pay for,there the only things holding you on the road end of.They also have a 7mm built in rim protector
                    Last edited by Markymark; 19-12-2014, 19:51.

Comment

£94 for my pair of Nankang Sports. Not crashed yet or been ostracised from society.
                      62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Theyre not too bad the Nangkang Ultra sport 2's
                        They have to be pushed round corners quite hard before they start giving, but recover quite well too
                        Bridgestones don't recover well
                        Havent pushed my PS3s yet, but they feel good in the wet- maybe try them at Silverstone next year at FCS
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've just switched from the standard bridgestones which to be fair wore very well , but I found them noisy and tramlined quite a lot , after switching to pirelli s the handling is much better , no tramlining , and the steering seems much lighter, I'm impressed with them lets hope they wear ok too, they are so much quieter as well can't Beleive how little road noise there is, they are Pirelli Zero Nero gt's and were approx £110 each
                          Last edited by Pneroy; 20-12-2014, 11:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Pneroy View Post
                            they are Pirelli Zero Nero gt's and were approx £110 each
                            Im pretty sure that what I put on the front of mine.

Comment

Don't rule out Yokohama BluEarths that's what I'm tempted to put on mine next time round anyone had any experience with these ?
                              Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                              E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Working...
                              X