And another problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another problem....

So I have had a a few problems with my DS3 as many of you have read. And while it hasnt detracted me in anyway from really liking my car, it seems now I have a further problm.

So a few days ago I posted about some issue with my heating system. Well took it to the garage today to get the following sorted/looked at:

1. no heat from the heater (fans work fine, as does the auto climate system)
    2. Coolant fans on alot
    3. Variations on the temp needle at normal temp (fluctuates a bit)
    4. Odd smell from the car exhaust - sweet smell.
    5. Cruise control will not activate

I got a phone call today telling me that I have a serious coolant leak, and the smell was the car burning coolant. Ok - definatly not good, as as far as I can tell, burning coolant means coolant in the engine, so gasket needs replacing, and possible internal damage (water in engine is generally a bad idea). So they will be keeping the car in for quite a while to figure everything out.

And yet, the list of general faults, issues, lack of build quality in some areas (i am very fastidious about creeks, etc) I still really like my car. I never thought I would have so many problems with a brand new car (being that its french it shouldnt suprise too much), but yet I cant feel upset, annoyed or disheartened.

I still really like the DS3! How odd....

Ouch...sorry to hear of your probs....I think if it was me I wouldnt want the car back until its got a new engine in it!!!

Comment

What RayJ said!

Comment

Coolant leak can also be on the outside of the motor. When coolant fluid leaks on the exhaust collector you also have the sweat smell. So not necessary water in the engine. Keep up the good spirit.

Comment

As Witte has said, it may well be an external leak - could be nothing worse than a hose clip that hasn't been properly fitted.

The cruise control fault is almost certainly unrelated, although there is a possibility that coolant has leaked onto a sensor or connector which supplies a relevant signal. From experience with Alfas, the first things to check if the cruise control doesn't work are the brake & clutch pedal switches - more often than not they just need adjusting

Comment

I can see how you'd be upset mate!

Hope it all gets fixed without hassle, and stays fixed!

Thanks for posting how you're getting on - will help someone else one day maybe

Comment

I am not all that upset really, actually if anything quite hopeful! Good to have all these problems at the start of ownership than later on - especially seeing as I will have it for 3 years. That will be the longest held car Ive ever had!

Will get an update over the next few days. Hopefully all goes well - and I hope that citroen will honor the warrenty :P

Comment

As long as your dealer is a good one they should repair it under warranty and keep us informed

Comment

The cruise control sounds like a failure of the speed sensor or Clutch/brake sensor, mind you it could just need resetting - open the fuse box inside the car and yank out the large grey fuse near the bottom, note it's position, count to ten and pop it back in. This will hard rest your DS3 and hopefully re-boot the cruise control. By the way does the limiter come on at all?
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

yeah, limiter worked wonders (its amazing how often i use that feature!), but i guess that the garage will fix that too.

Comment

Working...
                    X