Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good deal? what deals have you managed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal? what deals have you managed?

HI, I am looking to buy a hdi White special edition. I test drove it on Friday and loved it and since have been looking on the net for the best deal. The dealer offered me it for £13,890 plus whatever my px is worth. I have looked on the net and drivethedeal.com can do one for £12,450 but i would have to sell my car(px) first or sell it to webuyanycar type place which is not ideal but I am happy to do that providing they have them ready in stock. Secondly, another company called Broadspeed can do one for £13,250 and can do px's but they dont do the citreon finance offer of an extra £500 when taking out finance - well at least I dont think they do. I want to take out the finance to get the £500 off, then pay off the car in a few months saving myself more money.
    I am going to phone drivethedeal tomorrow to see if the dealers they use have some in stock then I can try to sell my car privately or sell it to one of these car buying sites depending on price and place an order with them. Also I need to check broadspeed cant do the citreon finance offer. I have emailed the dealership to see if they can match these offers but I am not holding out in hope lol.
    What deals have other people got? I am willing to travel anywhere for the best deal! Any ideas?
    cheers paul

Hi paul, welcome aboard.

I guess you mean £13890 minus whatever your px is worth? Otherwise it's a really lousy deal!!

No way of saying whether the DTD deal is a better one without knowing what you've been offered in px by your dealer. It's all about the price to change, at the end of the day, and whether you can be arsed to sell your car privately. I've yet to meet anyone who knows anything about the secondhand values of cars who wasn't disaappointed by the deal offered by webuyanyheap. They'll quote you an attractive price over the phone and then knock it down when they see the car for the most trivial of faults.

Comment

The "drivethedeal" price seems too good to be true for a "NEW" DS3, am guessing that it could be preregistered.
      I used Newcitroendeals for mine and they are currently quoting £13199 for a "White"... [ http://www.newcitroendeals.co.uk/det...32&colours=ds3 ]
      Might be worth contacting Steve Chadbourne @ Bristol Street Motors in Derby for a competitive quote, I have dealt with him, he's good.
      Steve Chadbourne
      Internet & Fleet Sales Manager
      Bristol Street Motors
      Sir Frank Whittle Road
      Derby DE21 4RX
      Direct Dial 01332 386901
      scs88@bristolstreet.co.uk

Comment

Not 100% But I Dont Think Many People On Here Had Actual Amount Discounts On The Car Cost But Lots Of Us Have Had Freebies Thrown In Like I Had The £300 Servicing Pack Thrown In Aswell As Some Extra Chrome Bits.

But I Dunno, Maybe Someone On Here Had A Great Discount ?

Anyone ?

Comment

drivethedeal price is brand new not a pre reg but it does include the £500 finance discount so the actual price is 13k. I will try newcitreon deals and email the guy you suggested john cheers

Comment

John when you used newcitreondeals did you px with them? What are they like I have never heard of them!

Comment

Webuyanycar offer the worst deal for any used cars i know. As gar074 says they will quote you a price and then take another few hundred off when they see it. The company i believe is a subsidiary of Carcraft who deal in high mileage cars with high prices to match. Sell private if you can cus it will be worth it. I know they have to make a profit but what they offer is always way below market value. Bunch of p**s takers if you ask me!
              Dsport 150 THP 1.6 Belle lle Blue / White - silver alloys - NO leather seats!

Comment

Originally posted by phil d View Post
                Webuyanycar offer the worst deal for any used cars i know. As gar074 says they will quote you a price and then take another few hundred off when they see it
                Not Sure If I Posted A Thread About This ? But I Used Them Just For The Lulz For My Astra, Just To See What They'd Give Me...

Offered Me £8000 For My 2 1/2 Year Old 1.8 SRi In Awesome Condidtion...

Popped The Bonnet, Seen All The Mods And Slashed The Price Down To £3000...

Knobs...

Needless To Say I Didn't Use Them XD

Comment

I have seen another site called cartosell.com but they charge you for just checking over your car after initial online price, so i thought they were on a fiddle?

Comment

My deal was a straight purchase as I was selling previous car privately.....they brokered the deal with Bristol Street Motors

Comment

Ah ok John, well i have emailed him and asked what he can do? cheers for that will let you know!

Comment

Did your dealer give you a PX price or not?

All the net companies use dealers and we all work off the same sheet so we all have the same money to work with. It's the people who go to the dealer to test drive and waste the dealers time fuel when they have no intention of buying from the network, big pet hate of mine!

Mind you none of you will have got the deal I did on our DS3!!!
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Mind you none of you will have got the deal I did on our DS3!!!
                          Yes Yes We All Know You Drove It Off The Lorry And Onto Your Driveway...

Its Like The Pens And Bits Off Office Stuff You Pinch From Work :L

Comment

Yes they gave me a px price and it was the same as webuyanycar etc so it wasnt overinflated to counteract their higher price. I test drove at the dealers and would have bought it there if they could have done a better deal.

Comment

Will if your willing to travel I have three in stock at the mo!
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X