Windows not winding up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows not winding up?

Can anyone advise? It sounds like my windows are letting I'm air at 50+mph?

Many thanks

Welcome to the Club pjd
    You sure its not the vent system- makes a similar sound as its happened to me?
    Turnoff the vent system
    Is there a gap in the window? Maybe wind deflectors
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

If you believe air is coming in at speed then you may need to have the windows adjusted, best option would be to speak with your dealer.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the reply chris. I'll try the vent, but it's mainly the passenger side. The window clicks when i wind it up - in that I mean it reaches the top. I can't feel a draft. The passenger window takes longer to wind up than the drivers but it sounds exactly the same when it reaches the top.
        I just didn't k ow whether it was just a ds3 thing. I never noticed until my mate said "your window is open". But I know some cars wind/rain sounds different. I didn't want to take it to a garage and have doors taken off for nothing!

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Bridget, I just wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas before I went down the expensive route!

Comment

Originally posted by pjd8283 View Post
            Thanks Bridget, I just wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas before I went down the expensive route!
            Chuckle

Quite right- although dealers should tell you the problem and possible cost before they charge
            Problem is being without the car for a while

Maybe seal the window with tape just to make sure its the window?
            Last edited by Chris_Blue; 10-01-2015, 10:26.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Negative on the vents

However, looking at the bigger picture I can see the rubber seal around the top of the door looks to be coming Un stuck in parts. I wonder Whether this is the issue!!

Thanks for the advice guys

Comment

If you switched of the vent system, and closed the vents with the twiddly wheel thing- cant be that then

The seals , of theyve come away, would certainly cause some turbulence noise
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X