DS plans six-strong range of SUVs and saloons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS plans six-strong range of SUVs and saloons

Following the Citroen and DS separation, the luxury DS brand will introduce 6 global models by 2020 focusing on SUVs and saloons

DS will have more than one SUV on sale in Britain when it launches its new global line-up. Global vice president of sales and marketing for the new go-it-alone brand, Arnaud Ribault, confirmed DS is planning a six-strong range and, in an exclusive chat with Auto Express at the Classic Car Show at London’s ExCeL, he dropped the first clues as to its make-up.

Ribault described the current DS line-up – which consists of premium-line Citroens, the DS 3, DS 4 and DS 5, in Europe plus a larger China-only version of the DS 5 called the DS 5LS and a DS 6 SUV – as the first generation of DS.

But the second wave, which will be sold globally, is currently being developed and will be available worldwide by around 2020. “If you study the worldwide market for premium cars, there are two big markets – three-box sedans (saloons) and SUVs. We will develop these two categories as a priority,” said Ribault. “There is a market for SUVs in Europe, but not the DS 6. And there will be more than one.”

Third generation of DS models to attack premium sector
    A third generation of models, which are 15-20 years away, are intended to establish DS as a major force to be reckoned with in the premium sector. Ribault described the core values of the new brand as “innovation, avant-garde design, refinement and technology”.

Pressed on what innovation could be expected, Ribault said: “We will continue to develop innovations on suspension. Something new!”

DS to continue in WRC
    Meanwhile, Ribault clarified how the company’s cars will be branded in the World Rally Championship, where the Citroen DS3 has enjoyed great success. “It will be a DS car, but run by the Citroen Racing team, as they have the expertise and knowledge,” he said.

For example, the car Sebastien Loeb will race in the Monte Carlo Rally will wear DS badges – and carry a big 60 logo – to celebrate 60 years of DS cars.

DS and Citroen in the short term
    In a bid to further distance the DS brand from Citroen, from next year all DS models will have the Citroen chevron badging removed, replaced with DS’ own unique emblem.

Potential buyers are currently able to purchase DS models through Citroen dealerships but a network of exclusive DS dealerships will be put in place. The French brand has plans to introduce a total of 50 DS dealerships across Europe by the end of 2015. At present only 20 exist but in China the brand separation is more apparent with around 100 DS stores open.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Want the one in the picture please.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
      Want the one in the picture please.

JB
      The Divine! The rear lights are nuts.

I'll post a thread
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

O yes, those rear lights! They really should make a car like that Divine..

Comment

Let's me guess the rear lights for a pair will be £5000 lol

Comment

Do you think they can be retro fitted to a DS3?
            DS3 Evo Edition
            Sport Red
            E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
            Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
              Do you think they can be retro fitted to a DS3?
              I'm sure Mark would give it a go!
              sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
              Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Originally posted by Soran View Post
                I'm sure Mark would give it a go!
                You never know Dave lol
                http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

When the DS3 was launched, i recall an article about the fact that the DS range was to comprise at least 20 vehicles, and that about half of those would be directly to China and not be available anywhere else

This was 2009, and thought it was a load of tosh tbh

Now DS splitting away from Citroen with their own brand, and a financial split as well

So, the DS stand alone brand must have been thought up some time ago, and with the success of the DS3 has given it real momentum
                  Good luck to them
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X