Glitches under warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitches under warranty?

Got a couple of little issues. Are these common? Would you take your car in?
    car is 20 months old 26k

The (pathetically weak) interior light seems to have dodgy connection (the centre light of the three). You have to kind of wiggle the switch a few times to make it stay on.

The temperature display is a bit erratic - sometimes goes down to -9c on a normal day then back up again. If it's just the display then i'm not worried or could this affect anythiong else?

I have a fairly regular and irritating buzzing/rattling sound seems to come from behind the vent area at the centre of the dashboard. Applying ressure to the trim/vents/switches/air smelly thing etc doesnt help.
    50% of the time it doesn't do it at all, 50% of the time it is continuous. It's due to vibration - doesn't do it on very very smooth newly laid roads, but does on normal roads.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by vizzo; 15-01-2015, 22:46.
    Sport Red / Black Roof 1.6 dstyle+ 2013

Wouldnt necessarily take it in specifically for these niggly problems, but at your next service they should ask if you have any issues
    Tell them :-)
    Why not- you bought the car, use the warranty
    Good luck
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I've got that rattle/buzzing for the central vent to the right hand side area too :-(

Comment

My dealer is currently organising a replacement stereo head unit for my DS3, for a couple of months it's been unable to hold a clear FM signal and is v crackly/fuzzy. The dealer replaced the roof aerial base but no joy so now getting a replacement head unit and a software update to cure an issue whereby answering an iPhone on bluetooth whilst listening to Radio 1 means that the station is cancelled when the call ends.

This happened a few times but I thought it was operator error - turns out it is a known issue

Anyway, my advice is to flag any and all issues up to your dealer for resolution under warranty.
        sigpic

Comment

Buzzing

I took my DS3 for the buzzing and the mechanic knew straight away what it was. think only took about 10 mins to fix. its somthing to do with the clip that holds the dash facia on

Comment

Originally posted by shifta View Post
            I took my DS3 for the buzzing and the mechanic knew straight away what it was. think only took about 10 mins to fix. its somthing to do with the clip that holds the dash facia on
            Good man - thanks for that
            Sport Red / Black Roof 1.6 dstyle+ 2013

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
              My dealer is currently organising a replacement stereo head unit for my DS3, for a couple of months it's been unable to hold a clear FM signal and is v crackly/fuzzy. The dealer replaced the roof aerial base but no joy so now getting a replacement head unit and a software update to cure an issue whereby answering an iPhone on bluetooth whilst listening to Radio 1 means that the station is cancelled when the call ends.

This happened a few times but I thought it was operator error - turns out it is a known issue

Anyway, my advice is to flag any and all issues up to your dealer for resolution under warranty.
              Exactly the same on my berlingo work van.but only on radio 1 for some reason.

Comment

Working...
              X