Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dsport plus e-hdi airdream 110 - fuel capacity, mileage etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsport plus e-hdi airdream 110 - fuel capacity, mileage etc.

heyyy. I've just bought a ds3. I thought it would be the ideal car as it has the looks and seems cheap to run. I love how my car looks but I am a little concerned about the fuel consumption. I was driving it home from the dealer the other day and the miles it was telling me I had left in the tank dropped a lot quicker than it should have and when I filled up to the top it tells me I have 509 miles left in the tank. Thats probably around 200 miles less than what I hoped for after reading the cars spec.

Just wondered how anyone else with the same model is getting on?.......

note: I was driving very sensibly and didn't have the air con on and yes I'm naive:confused:

I have the e-hdi 90 airdream and my range usually says 540 miles to empty from full, my last tank I got 536miles.

Book figures are pisch!
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

I have a mapped 110 and on a run it will return 60ish at 70-80 mph
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

I have an unmapped 110 diesel and it averages around 52-55mpg on the average counter. Thats average driving just to and from work really, only a 15 minute drive.

its all over the spot on the instantaneous counter haha.

It does also say around just over 500 miles when full. probably get roughly 475 if i drive extra careful. around 450 with the occasional blast :P

Never base your expecations off specs such as parkers.com as they are done in perfect test conditions, not real life conditions so youll never get anywhere near

Comment

I have the 90 diesel which i fill up 1 or 2 times a month depending how much i use it.
          This is compared to the 4 or 5 times i was filling up my last car (nissan juke 1.6 petrol) so i dont bother with the trip counter .
          I just leave it on clock and enjoy the ride lol.😁

Comment

I all ways used to think my Hdi90 was great on fuel till I done a back to back test against my others half's Fiesta 1.25 zetec not the eco boost just the bog standard old speck zetec petrol engine the test was over about 350 miles which consisted of the wife going to work daytime round trip of 18 miles of which 5 miles duel carriageway and the rest stop start then my night time run of 40 miles round trip 90% motorway speeds of 60 mph ...my DS3 Hdi 90 done 57mpg and the fiesta did 49mpg I was expecting the fiesta to be worse but I was very surprised if you compare fuel prices that's only about £3 difference to do the same mileage....I will be thinking hard about my next car do I have petrol of diesel for my next car.....
            E HDI 90 White black roof....called free willy.....Because it looks like a Killer Whale .... Now gone to a better place march 2012 to March 2014
            Dstyle+ E Hdi 90 Sport Red Black roof .......The Red Barron ....

Comment

My 110hdi does 55-60mpg most of the year, but in this cold snap it has dropped to about 45mpg, but I do drive it quite hard, and my journeys are mostly country lanes.
              sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
              Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

The range remaining is based on your last 20 miles of driving. Is this a new car? If it is, you don't get the best MPG until the engine has been run in and I was told that you don't get the best performance until you hit the 8k mark.

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                  The range remaining is based on your last 20 miles of driving. Is this a new car? If it is, you don't get the best MPG until the engine has been run in and I was told that you don't get the best performance until you hit the 8k mark.
                  Yess! Just hit 8k

Haha just kidding, I have a THP, I'm not driving it for the MPG.

I'm currently averaging 40MPG so all you diesels should be happy with your 50+mpg
                  - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Please tell me that you are not basing your expectations of MPG from what you read in the brochure as you will know that these figures are NOT for real world driving.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      Please tell me that you are not basing your expectations of MPG from what you read in the brochure as you will know that these figures are NOT for real world driving.
                      Unless you're a granny driver, all the time.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                        Unless you're a granny driver, all the time.
                        Actually if you were proper Granny Driving, i.e in second gear everywhere, then you would be burning up way more fuel
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

As the others have said the quoted MPG is never achieveable in real world driving conditions. I have the 115 eHDI DS3 and since it got cold my full tank gets me around 540miles on 48 litres. Like others I drive quite hard and leave the AC on Auto all the time, I'm more than happy with that

Previously in the summer months I average around 54mpg again with hard driving and AC on full time on Auto
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X