Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recomendations for Dsport THP155

Guys..

I'm needing 2 front tyres, currently have bridgestones which are terrible for being jittery, noises and little comfort, tend to pull over uneven surfaces...

I'm looking so far and have found these tyres....Toyo Proxes T1-R 205/45 R17 88 W ZR

Which seem a much softer compound which would give a better ride/ noise quality I'm guessing... Don't wanna spend too much on tyres , found these for £146 a pair delivered from oponeo tyres.

Can anyone suggest a better suggestion from experience with the Ds3 and tyre choice.

Thanks again.

Steve

Just brought avon ZZ5, 4 Inc fitting balancing 295 citroen wanted 116 a tyre. Hopefully these are decent

Comment

I've got the Toyos on my fronts. Really like them. Massively better than the standard Bridgestones and they don't seem to be wearing too badly either.
      May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
      October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
      Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Anyone have experience with nankang ns2?

Reviews are typical. Some are fantastic and some are terrible haha

Comment

NSIIs best budget tyre Ive had. Had them on the DS3 for 6 month from new.
          Wouldn't push them in corners when its raining, too much
          But for budgets I think theyre pretty good
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by tom8y View Post
            Just brought avon ZZ5, 4 Inc fitting balancing 295 citroen wanted 116 a tyre. Hopefully these are decent
            Have ZZ5's all round on mine, and have used Avon's for years, a very underrated tyre in my opinion. Also use their Ice Touring winter tyres which are good as well.
            sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
            Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

My suggestion is rounds ones

A few customers of mine have had good things to say about the Michelin Sports, a lot of it is unfortunately going to come down to how you feel about your tyres, but that said I have had Avon ZZ1's when they first came out and was very happy.

By the way I would never suggest spending peanuts on tyres, the reason is that your tyres are the ONLY part of the car that is connected to the road. Doesn't matter how good your brakes are if your tyres are not up to the job...

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                A few customers of mine have had good things to say about the Michelin Sports,...... I would never suggest spending peanuts on tyres, the reason is that your tyres are the ONLY part of the car that is connected to the road.
                That's why I moved up to mid range Michelin Pilot Sport 3s. Only had a couple tweeks outta the Nangkangs, but enough to want me to get a better grade rubber. Depends on how you drive on them really.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                  Anyone have experience with nankang ns2?

Reviews are typical. Some are fantastic and some are terrible haha
                  I've had 2 fitted today, seem fine so far in the wet and dry. At 110 pair fitted not bad.

Comment

I've come from Toyo T1-Rs on an MX5 and can confirm they're a good tyre for the money.

The sidewalls are a bit soft for the Mazda but can be improved by over inflating slightly over recommended pressures.

They are grippy and good in the wet. Not the longest wearing however due to the compound.

Would definitely consider them again when it's time to change.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X