Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3s price dives down?

Hey

So just 4 fun i was at the dealer today, checking out a boring diesel HDi DS3 and we suddenly started to talk about DS3 and other French cars value. Do you think the DS3s value will dive down in second hand price? Or will it be like a Golf for instance were the value is good thx to the popularity of the car.

There is a few used DS3s on sale here, and all of them havent really dived alot in price actually, but ofcourse, they havent gone very long either.

Whats our guys here toughts on that?

Originally posted by BMW View Post
    So just 4 fun i was at the dealer today, checking out a boring diesel HDi DS3
    Well Im Sorry For Being Boring If I Think £3000 Is A Lil Too Much To Pay For Insurance On A THP !

Comment

At the moment it seems the resale values are quite high due to the "exclusivity" of the DS3, and the fact that it has won various awards.

I do not plan to sell in the near future so I am not too worried about the value of my car. The value is what each one gives to it and how much hard work you have put into it

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
        Well Im Sorry For Being Boring If I Think £3000 Is A Lil Too Much To Pay For Insurance On A THP !
        :P Well am bored with diesels, and am so tired of having to drive the car in 20-30 minutes, before the car get warm. So there I have to sit in my seat, and freeze to death in 20-30 minutes :P
        Yes ofc theres Diesel Warmers, but they cost a bunch :/

Comment

It must be very hard with the cold in Norway, I can understand why you think that diesels take long in warming up but mine takes about 10 minutes.

Comment

I fail to understand why he should think that a petrol engine will warm up quicker than a diesel (or the other way around even). If a car fails to warm up within a reasonable time then one has to assume that there is something wrong, ie it's being overcooled (radiator fans running when they shouldn't be), a stuck thermostat which would mean that while warming up the coolant is being allowed to circulate thro the main radiator instead of remaining in the engine/ heater loop.
            Either way 20-30 minutes shouldn't be considered normal.
            Since when have the DS3 diesels been boring in any case

I am beginning to wonder about the author of these posts, from what I've seen he is still "thinking" about buying, so he's tarring the DS3 (diesel) with that same brush as some previous unnamed car.
            Last edited by John S; 20-02-2011, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
              I fail to understand why he should think that a petrol engine will warm up quicker than a diesel (or the other way around even). If a car fails to warm up within a reasonable time then one has to assume that there is something wrong, ie it's being overcooled (radiator fans running when they shouldn't be), a stuck thermostat which would mean that while warming up the coolant is being allowed to circulate thro the main radiator instead of remaining in the engine/ heater loop.
              Either way 20-30 minutes shouldn't be considered normal.
              Since when have the DS3 diesels been boring in any case
              Try take your DS in -10 to -20 up against a petrol and u`ll see :P

Comment

My diesel was fine in -12 before Christmas, only thing that you have to be sure of is that the fuel has the required anti waxing additives, and I stand by my comments regarding warm up periods

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
                  My diesel was fine in -12 before Christmas, only thing that you have to be sure of is that the fuel has the required anti waxing additives, and I stand by my comments regarding warm up periods
                  anti waxing additives? whats that? :P

Ye well, my family have lots of Diesels. BMW X5 3.0d, 730d wish aswell is a 3.0, Volvo XC60 2.4 my own golf 1,6tdi, and all of them tends to get slower warm then a Petrol.
                  And I dont know much about the Citroens Diesel engines. But often Diesel engines are made from steel and not aluminum that petrol engines can be made off, wich make the engine heat up quicker.
                  Ok, I might overdo the Diesel, but u cant deny that petrol engines are funner to drive. Or maby u can, but I defently cant.

And yes, am going to buy a Citroen DS3 THP in White/Black roof

Comment

The ds3 has a great residual compared to other cars. Ita very similar to the mini. I believe its expected to be 43% after 3 years.

Comment

No swearing please Tom...the M word..............

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                        Try take your DS in -10 to -20 up against a petrol and u`ll see :P
                        My 110 HDI was parked up in -15 during the recent cold weather and in a considerable wind chill which made it colder it was parked for about 18 hours, it warmed up to normal temp after about 10 minutes and about 5 miles in crap conditions?

I suggest that the diesel you had must have had a cooling fault !

Comment

Working...
                        X