Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is the White edition being sold for???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is the White edition being sold for???

Hi, I have decided on a white hdi ds3, can get it for a good price but cant order it till about Mid March at the earliest due to waiting to see how I get on back at work after being off for 6 months due to ill health.
    Anyway, I would like to order end of March/April all being well and just wondered if anyone knows how long this special edition will be produced for? I know if I ask the dealer, they will prob say not long to try to get me to order it straight away - you know what they can be like lol. So wondeered if anyone knew?
    Also, if I do order in March and there are non in stock how long is factory build?
    cheers paul

Hi Paul, can't help you with that one but am sure some of the White owners will be along soon to help you out. But great choice!

Comment

Citroen seem to be building a number of the special editions as "stock items", and as such they can often be got at quite short notice (10-14 days). Factory orders (builds that are done to customers spec) take 2 - 3 months.
      As for how long the White & Black editions will be available for....who knows, maybe one of our tame Citroen guys will know.
      From my experience my White was ready for collection within 15 days of ordering, and for my money the White 90 Hdi is the best bet, far better seats than on the Black

Comment

Originally posted by john55810uk View Post
        Citroen seem to be building a number of the special editions as "stock items", and as such they can often be got at quite short notice (10-14 days). Factory orders (builds that are done to customers spec) take 2 - 3 months.
        As for how long the White & Black editions will be available for....who knows, maybe one of our tame Citroen guys will know.
        From my experience my White was ready for collection within 15 days of ordering, and for my money the White 90 Hdi is the best bet, far better seats than on the Black

Yeah, the reason i like the White edition is that it has everything I would pick if I had a choice on the Dstyle, does it have cruise control? Also can you buy the chrone side rubbing strips for it?

Comment

Yes the White does have cruise control, and you can buy the chrome strips (go to the accessories section on the Citroen website, select your dealer and it'll tell you how much. Unless someone here knows where you can get them cheaper of course!)

Comment

ALL of the extra chrome bits that you might want are easily available, just contact our resident parts manager John Nicol, his service is unbeatable as are his prices.
            I believe that cruise control is standard across the range, BUT the seats that are in the White are the Sports seats and you'd have to order them as an extra (during the build).

Comment

Update! just rang Citreon uk, they said the white and black special editions are being stopped at the end of March so if I want one I will need to order before then!

Comment

Originally posted by pauljack View Post
                the white and black special editions are being stopped at the end of March
                Perhaps they need to clear some space on the production line to build more of those truly scrumptious Orla Keily limited editions...

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Perhaps they need to clear some space on the production line to build more of those truly scrumptious Orla Keily limited editions...
                  Fingers crossed!! . . .. . . :-|
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The collection range is not a limited edition but is part of the model range line up, the marketing people at Citroen felt that some customers would be put off by all the options and would prefer a ready made out of the box version, which became the Black & White.
                    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                    Bigfeet's File Repository
                    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                      The collection range is not a limited edition but is part of the model range line up, the marketing people at Citroen felt that some customers would be put off by all the options and would prefer a ready made out of the box version, which became the Black & White.

So is Citroen uk wrong when they said it will be stopping end of March? If it is stopping then its not had a very long run as part of the model range line up?

Comment

Where did you get that information?

Production orders are still being taken for the Collection models and to be honest with you the dealer network has not had any information about this.
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                          Where did you get that information?

Production orders are still being taken for the Collection models and to be honest with you the dealer network has not had any information about this.

I spoke to customer service but she didnt know so she went to ask a bloke from products and thats where i got my info from She said orders can be placed upto and including March the 31st on that model
                          Unless she got it wrong and maybe she thought I meant "offers" on it like the finance one of £500 at the moment
                          Last edited by pauljack; 23-02-2011, 18:07.

Comment

That sounds more like it

Comment

The side rubbing strips are £125 from my local dealer but £100 delivered from another dealer off ebay

Comment

Working...
                              X