DS3 DRLs Patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 DRLs Patent

Now we have seen that more and more car manufacturers are designing cars and at the same time implementing DRLs, and we have seen that Maserati have used the same style DRLs as the DS3.

Are Citroen confident that they can keep their pioneering LED design for their own cars, or have they not thought this through?

Curved LEDs below the headlights are synonymous with all the Audi range, Angel eyes are BMW pride and joy......Will Citroen trademark this and make it one more thing that they have invented or pioneered...

What i do not want to see in the near future is a car with vertical DRLs come towards me and then as it get closer I can see it is Kia C(apostrophe)EDD.

What do you guys think? Will Citroen trademark this? Have they done it already? Is there any law which does not permit them to trademark the DRLs?

Interesting point but I don't think you can patent a shape, I know a few years ago Lotus tried to get the outline of an Esprit copyrighted and they failed to win their case and imagine what would have happened to the super car world if they did win!

Saying that lots of cars use parts from other places, the Jag XJ220 used Vauxhall Caviler rear lights, the Pagani Zonda used the same radio from a Rover 45 and Morgan used the front lights from the BMW MINI on the Aero Max.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Unfortunately you can't 'patent' or 'trademark' a strip of vertically mounted LED's, all you can really do is bring the idea first to the market and hope that it becomes associated with the Brand before anyone else use's the same idea, just like Audi has done with the horizontal DRL's.

Comment

I saw a Ford off some sort on Monday with the same shape, not a crappy add on. They where on with his side lights. It was a kind of people carrier.

He looked at me and I glared back at him as we sat opposite in traffic.

Maybe it was the Cmax with the fog light design? But the shape is similar:
        http://photos.autoexpress.co.uk/imag...o_217555_7.jpg
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Lol!!

I'm just thinking that the people who are against these DRL's are going to be reaching boiling point soon!
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
            Lol!!

I'm just thinking that the people who are against these DRL's are going to be reaching boiling point soon!
            Who cares, let em boil over if they want!!!

Comment

Somehow they will have no choice but to get used to it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                Those Rascals Again ! I Went On Their Forum A Couple Of Weeks Ago And Played Fuck Posting Pictures Of My DS3 Up :L

http://www.dadrl.org.uk/

Comment

haha! That website is amazing!!!!
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                    haha! That website is amazing!!!!
                    Hilarious, isn't it?

I particularly liked this headline:

"Daytime Running Lights are killing Bulgarians, Austrians and Polish citizens" (Phew, we're safe then!)

Since when does DRL stand for Death Ray Lights?

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                      Hilarious, isn't it?

I particularly liked this headline:

"Daytime Running Lights are killing Bulgarians, Austrians and Polish citizens" (Phew, we're safe then!)

Since when does DRL stand for Death Ray Lights?
                      Since they were invented by Darth Vader lol

Comment

Working...
                      X