Super unleaded or normal unleaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
    And this obsession for V-Power nearly dropped us in "it" in Paris!
    We were fiiiiiiiine! Got to see the Eiffel Tower didn't we?
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I have the DSport thp 155 and have been using your standard unleaded since I got the car (3 months).
      What are the main plus' of using these premium fuels? Do they give you better MPG? I'm a noob when it comes to petrols...

Comment

Haha what happened in Paris Lmfao!

I find I get better MPG when driving slowly but you put your foot down and it goes much faster, not sure if this is true or an illusion though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
          Haha what happened in Paris Lmfao!
          We may have neeeearly run out of petrol looking for a Shell station...
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

I find I get better MPG when driving slowly but you put your foot down and it goes much faster, not sure if this is true or an illusion though lol
            reeeeeeeally
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              We may have neeeearly run out of petrol looking for a Shell station...
              I would've done the same thing! Bet it made the trip a little more interesting haha,

@Dave - I can kind of see what you mean, i can't really give any figure however as only used V-Power Nitro+ since Jamie came on the scene, but now I'm down to an average of 18MPG hehe
              - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Originally posted by RedKez View Post
                I have the DSport thp 155 and have been using your standard unleaded since I got the car (3 months).
                What are the main plus' of using these premium fuels? Do they give you better MPG? I'm a noob when it comes to petrols...
                Manual says RON 98 or above for a petrol DSport.
                If you get a problem and take it in, they actually ask you what petrol you use.
                Standard unleded seems to be frowned upon- cant seeing it being a warranty infringement........ but you never know. Bet it might be if the engines blown

Lower quality fuelburns dirty

Not sure what V-Power is RON wise
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                  Not sure what V-Power is RON wise
                  Wikipedia says: "In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON"
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thought it was 97 or 98 TBH (V-Power)
                    Will have to check out the SHELL website
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Shell - 98RON
                      BP - 97RON
                      - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

Originally posted by RedKez View Post
                        Some info here.
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by t100wns View Post
                          Does anyone have any advice on the best fuel for my DS3 155 THP Techno. Should I use super unleaded or normal unleaded? My wife runs her DS3 Dstyle Plus on normal unleaded but puts super in once a month, is this a good idea? We also have 2 Dstyle Plus Puretec 110 cars.
                          Not sure if someone said this but I wouldn't continually mix your fuels, can sometimes be a recipe for disaster, I try to stick to one fuel, and if you do want the odd change run the tank really low,
                          - Challenge Accepted -

Comment

I always run my cars on V-power with Japanese engines I seem to get between 5 and 10% economy improvement over asda stuff even though the cars are european spec. This eradicates most of the cost difference, and you also get the benefits which in my previous ywo cars were slightly improved throttle response and low rpm pick up.
                            Crystal White pearl Mazda 3 Takuya 1.6
                            Whisper Purple/White DS3 Dstyle plus 1.6 e-Hdi

Comment

Just filled up with 99 RON Momentum. Yeeeha! (Will report back after a few tankfulls)
                              Used to use BP Ultimate which felt smoother than the Shell VPower, but inlet valves needed cleaning in under 19k miles
                              V-Power seemed OK, but Momentum RON is higher, but its a PITA to go get- miles the other way from my normal route
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Not surprised you felt a difference, BP ultimate is the least powerful super unleaded fuel we've tested on many different cars. Winner is always V-Power but only just....momentum is next best.
                                Morrisons City fuel was a good as BP ultimate
                                White on red THP
                                Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Working...
                                X