DPF in 90hdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPF in 90hdi

Hi, is there dpf in the 90, as i know pug doesnt have this in their 90 just the 110. Just been speaking to him as hes pug technician. Just wanted to know as im making plans already eg remap and fmic
    Team Yellow not White

YES certainly the "normal" 90hp Hdi does, can't say for the 99g version though, but I suspect that it does.

Comment

talking of DPF any one know of the need to do a dpf clearing run on the hdi engines? I have read else where that some engines require owners to run the car at certain revs for a period of miles to clear it before any limp mode problems occur
      any one have an idea on this?
      I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Having experience of dpf before in my 206 it should regen itself on w long constant speed run, i would et cc at 54mph and the ecu would realise what the car was trying to do and start regen. The dpf shouldnt really get blocked to the point of limp home or anti pollution faults arise unless it was constant short town driving.
        Team Yellow not White

Comment

thats fairly reassuring thanks I have 3 mates who have VW and all three have go into limp mode due to the dpf on their cars , 2x golf s and 1 x passat and pretty costly too.
          I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

Hi, I had a new seat ibiza 1.6tdi with 105bhp using the vw group engine. It has a dpf and what a f**king pain in the a*se it was. Even tho i did loads of motorway driving it still came on if I did town driving on the weekends. I had to drive it about 8 miles at 3000 revs in 3rd to clear the filter. I had to do this or I risked the car going into shut down mode. It was a total nightmare and put me right off the car! If it came on i instantly had to find a stretch of road long enough to clear the filter i hated it and got rid of the car cos of it! well and never getting more than 48 average mgp.

Comment

Take It Off Guys...

2 Stone Lighter In The Engine Bay Then... :L

Comment

Working...
              X