No announcement yet.

questions about MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My THP has only about 1500 miles on it and returns about 42mpg (calculated), I'm doing a lot of short journeys at the moment. To be honest I'm really pleased with the performance and the economy and can't see the need for a diesel.
    Techno THP155 Ruby Red White Roof

Comment

Cheers guys I'm very tempted to trade mine in I got a whisper purple one and I love the colour

Comment

might be a silly Question but what % of your driving is with the roof down? The weather has been nicer the past few weeks.
        DS 3 1.6 THP 165 DSport - Ink Blue body / Black roof.

Comment

It's mostly up as I have my dog in the back but I do have it down I was going to take it to dealers but all they will say is nothing shows up wrong as we've had it in past and can't be bothered with hassle I love the get up and go but I don't see point if all I'm doing is pouring the contents of my wallet in it cos then I don't have money to do anything lol

Comment

Come to some meets, that will get some long journey's under your belt

It was me on Facebook btw
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Over the cars 3k life the computer is averaging 49.9 mpg. Blue hdi 120.
              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                Come to some meets, that will get some long journey's under your belt

It was me on Facebook btw
                haha so ur the culprit for my new password haha which makes me chuckle btw ..... also I'd love too where and when is the next meet? ..... I'm liking the sound of the 49.9 ...... to think I was contemplating a mini cooper sd or same in countryman :lemon:

Comment

Originally posted by Fluke View Post
                  haha so ur the culprit for my new password haha which makes me chuckle btw ..... also I'd love too where and when is the next meet? ..... I'm liking the sound of the 49.9 ...... to think I was contemplating a mini cooper sd or same in countryman :lemon:
                  Yep!! And mpg photo's

Loads of meets here;
                  http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5880

And always adding to it
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Just to throw in a bit of a curveball, I've got the baby petrol engine (the 1.2) and I only average around 42mpg and around 48mpg on long runs.

I've given up looking at mpg figures because they're so far off what you get in the real world and I get lower fuel economy than some people with the bigger engine. I don't exactly drive like Lewis Hamilton either.
                    Last edited by RichardL; 26-04-2015, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                      A granny with a heavy foot! (or something up with the engine). I can get 55mpg from my THP if I drive like a granny.
                      Yeah what Beefy said, I get 35-40mpg around town and up to 55 on the highway.

Unless you are doing heaps of short trips, like <5 miles that would explain it too.

Comment

Yah, 35-40 is around what I get with short trip around town driving also.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

I've got the 110hdi and with some pretty spirited driving on different types of roads (dual, single, country, town) I get aroun 53mpg. If I go on an eco run, 80mpg is possible. When being thrashed, still struggle to get it much below 50. Just changed oil fuel and air filter too so hopefully that'll increase from here on in

Comment

I'm getting 38.1 on my VTi120 so far. It's the way I drive though , I have a spirited style...

Comment

Hello, first post on here.

Have a D Style Plus which I bought for commuting, most of my journeys are 25- 45 miles on motorways and average is 70.5 on the trip computer and works out at that when I total up the miles and the fuel bills.

Nice little car and good value. Had Citroen for 32 years and never failed to finish a journey (mind you I've failed to start a few) first model in the DS range but had every other one produced in that time. I find the ride a bit hard at times, but then I'm not like you dashing young folk.

Comment

70.5 wow .welcome along pics are always appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X