No announcement yet.

questions about MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sounds to me diesel is the way I may just treat myself and get a remap on it at some stage and thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperkev View Post
      70.5 wow .welcome along pics are always appreciated
      Thank you, will post a picture when I've cleaned the car. On the way home tonight average went to 72.5 which is over a distance of 2500 miles over 6 weeks.

(Anyone know the best place to get a life?)

Comment

My THP drinks all the liquids, my current overall is 16MPG but when I floor it I can get it down to 3MPG lol!
        How are you all getting so much MPG haha! My old black and white hdi at the end of 3 years I got 29.6MPG! My new 320d also does 28mpg at the moment, It's the same with any car :Joni:
        There's no such thing as an eco car when I drive
        Last edited by Dave; 28-04-2015, 22:14.

Comment

^ This, if you drive gently and shift early you can get awesome MPG's, that's too boring for me though hence why I don't get 70+ mpg
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bloke View Post
            Thank you, will post a picture when I've cleaned the car. On the way home tonight average went to 72.5 which is over a distance of 2500 miles over 6 weeks.

(Anyone know the best place to get a life?)
            That must be you I'm normally sat behind on a Sunday afternoon

Comment

Just filled up my 2013 dsport plus 115 hdi and it did 60 mpg, mixed driving nothing too silly , more than happy with that as my last car 2012 astra gtc 2.0 cdti sri 165 did 42-45 mpg

Comment

I'm not too much of a mobile chicane. Just my route is normally M25 at busy times and rather than fight it out stop and start in the fast lane with the Germans I find I can keep going at 60 down the inside lanes for 40 miles. Car's great though. Love the USB port which means I don't have to carry the iPod about, which is something I would leave in the car/lose/forget. Also the Bluetooth works better than on my C3 when all conversations start with the words "can you hear me?"

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Come to some meets, that will get some long journey's under your belt

It was me on Facebook btw
                  Joni is right there. Just did over 700miles yesterday for the BHP meet.
                  Aka:
                  Alex

:ds3:
                  Blue Phoenix
                  DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

I went to ripon last week to pick the boy up about 100 round trip reset and did 68mpg sweet

Comment

Originally posted by RedTechno View Post
                      My THP has only about 1500 miles on it and returns about 42mpg (calculated), I'm doing a lot of short journeys at the moment. To be honest I'm really pleased with the performance and the economy and can't see the need for a diesel.
                      I've done about 1200 miles in my 155 THP and it's a consistent 42.7 up hill and down dale. Hubby calls me Driving Miss Daisy but I am a bit of a girl racer when I'm in the mood. My 2.0 CDTi SRi Astra used to return about 45 so I'm happy with the swap I made (though the performance doesn't seem as good even though on paper the 155THP is 1 sec quicker 0-60).
                      "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                      https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

I'm a new owner and have got to say very disappointed with the fuel economy of my 1.2, 110ps unit. Done 1200 miles now without pushing and still can't get above 48mpg average, well below expectations. I mainly drive on A roads and very little town or city driving. On the plus side i've got to say I really enjoy driving the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Nev H View Post
                          I'm a new owner and have got to say very disappointed with the fuel economy of my 1.2, 110ps unit. Done 1200 miles now without pushing and still can't get above 48mpg average, well below expectations. I mainly drive on A roads and very little town or city driving. On the plus side i've got to say I really enjoy driving the car.
                          I'm not too surprised, sounds like you've got the newer 1.2 that's turbocharged?
                          I've got the old 82bhp 1.2 unit that's not turbocharged and I average 38.4mpg overall and 48mpg on long runs.
                          I've put it down to the lack of power requiring a bit of extra welly to get it up to speed and also the lack of a sixth gear. I'm looking forward to getting rid of mine for a THP next year.

Comment

Is that the petrol engine, if so seems ok, don't forget no one sees the mpg figures published in the ads or at the dealers !
                            sigpic

Comment

48 isn't that bad is it? I usually get about 40 from my THP150.
                              May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                              October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                              Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
                                I'm looking forward to getting rid of mine for a THP next year.
                                Good man!

As for MPG, I'm averaging about 42mpg from my THP atm. You're not trying hard enough though, I can easily get mine to 55mpg+ if I can stay awake at 50mph on the motorway.
                                - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                                X