Old git ready to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old git ready to order

Finally got the go ahead on my pension lump sum and am ready, for the first time in my nearly 50 year motoring career, to order a new car built to my own spec.

I note that the demographic of this forum seems to be of the "young urbanite" that this car is aimed at, so I feel a little trepidation and at risk of being accused of having a late life crisis.

However, the usual old fart vehicles such as your Volvo and your Renault, and even the newer Fiestas and Golfs just seem a little boring. I haven't owned anything other than ordinary since my Frogeye Sprite in the 70s.

I'm only willing to go so far down the cool road, so sport yellow or sport red are out, and even white is a bit daring.

I think that you need colour contrast with the dark windows so that the shark's fin stands out and the floating roof actually looks like a floating roof. I am struck by the black roofed vehicles though, they seem to an air of a hard-top convertible about them and look really good.

In my cases, the body colour will probably be muted, with a white or red roof.

So far beige or dark grey body with red roof is the preferred scheme, does anyone else have an opinion on suitable colour schemes for the older DS3 driver?

MK

Welcome aboard MK!

Most colour combos work really well, check out the members cars section to get more of an idea!

Comment

Welcome !

After What You Have Said About The Colour Choices For Yourself... I Think The Grey With The Red Roof Is Very Good Looking Combo !

Comment

see the pics of the carmen red with white roof in the thread "have you seen any others yet" very subtle

Comment

Hi MK, why grow old gracefully when you can grow old disgracefully?

I'm well on the wrong side of 50, and love blasting around in my yellow & black THP with a stupid grin on my face.

There are a fair number of other oldies like me on here too.

Go on, stick two fingers up at convention and go with a really strong colour - the DS3 cries out for it, and you can chuckle as you bomb past all those terminally boring OAPs in their beige skodas.

Comment

Good on ya mate, dont worry about who the car is aimed at..theres is no age limit

Comment

Another one here - drifted past sixty and loving my DS3.

Show these kids we know how to drive

Jimbob

Comment

Welcome! Don't worry about being too old for the car there's no age limit on fun!! My hubbys boss has a DS3 and she's 82!!!

She actually has the beige and it looks kinda more gold to me...But it depends what you like.
                The grey with red looks nice too.
                Ours is white with black roof....I did want zebra print roof but hubby put his foot down!! Lol

Comment

By anybody's definition at 67 years old I'm an old fart! I left colour choice to my wife, who went for Mativoire Beige with Carmen Red roof, mirrors & dash. I must admit to having misgivings about beige, a colour I associate with such masterpieces of engineering as the Austin Maestro, but it looks really good - works well with the red. Mativoire doesn't photograph well so you've got to see it in real life to get a proper impression, but a lot of people who've seen ours have commented on what a good colour combination it is.

Comment

Hi MK,

Doesn't matter what colour scheme you go for, you get looked at anyway. Usually jealous stares from Mini drivers

I went for the thorium grey with a carmen red roof. Not as in your face as other combinations.

Comment

We also agonized over colour. Eventually narrowed it down to Sport Red, White or Thorium grey. In the end went for thorium/carmen red. Did love the red though, had a C2 GT in same colour and always looked fantastic.

Comment

MK

Well, I'm only JUST on the right side of 50 and (like gar074) went for the the D Sport THP in sport yellow and black with yellow seats.

After years of subtle colours (blues/blacks/grey greens) its great to be driving something thats a real eye full! Draws as much attention as my purple Caterham used to!

Having said that, the Dark metallic grey DS3 with black roof and black alloys does look especially good to me.

What ever colour you choose, I'm sure you'll love the DS3!

Comment

Sorry Dave but I have seen the beige one! Is it that Orly edition is that the one in beige? anyway if it is I am not a fan. I am 40 and gone for the white edition. Actually i hope the white edition doesnt get too popular I dont want my car to be a mini and become overpopulated lol
                          Id go for grey/silver with red roof if thats one of your choices. Think i would go silver with black roof!

Comment

The DS3 looks great in any colour.But it cries out to be noticed.
                            I am no spring chicken and have a Sport Red/black.
                            Just go for it, you only live once.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo_DS3 View Post
                              My hubbys boss has a DS3 and she's 82 !!!
                              GILF ALERT !

Giggedy...

Comment

Working...
                              X