Air Buffeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Buffeting

Hi , Ive had my DS3 about 6 weeks now and with warmer weather here I am driving with the window down. From about 50mph upwards I get the air buffeting (it sounds and feels like Im going over rumble strips). It causes the seat belt to wobble and its uncomfortable. Opening the passenger window a bit helps as I suppose it reduces the air pressure. I assume it is caused by the design of the door/window ,perhaps by being quite long. Is there a air diffuser accessory available ? Does this happen on your car ?

There are wind deflectors available from Citroen and a few aftermarket companies make them too. Ask your dealer or have a look on eBay. They're a popular accessory.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I bought a set of the Citroen ones (fit much better than the independent version) and they do help reduce the buffeting in the summer I also liked the look of them on the car
      sigpic

Comment

I've got team heko ones and it's still noisy with the windows down every car I've owned is noisy with the window down. Over 50mph you're better off with the ac on anyway

Comment

Agree with gatesy, very rarely do I have the windows down, air con gets the car much cooler, and does not affect the mpg that much imo.
          sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
          Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Team Heko deflectors fitted . Problem solved . :cool:Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	359548

Comment

Working...
            X