Dsport 2 week review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsport 2 week review!

I've had my Ds3 dsport for just over 2 weeks now and thought I'd share a short review on how I've found the car.

I'm absolutely loving the car! I am covering about 350 miles a week, 40 miles each day to work and a round trip to Manchester at the weekends. According to the trip comp I'm averaging just below 40mpg on the work commute and got just over 50mpg on my way back from Manchester Sunday night. The commute is a mix of cruising but normally involves a few heavy dabs of the right foot so I'm happy with close to 40 and the ride back from Manchester was with cruise set just over 70 as that was how the traffic was flowing. This is my first car with cruise control and I'm loving if traffics flowing freely it really does improve long commutes.

All the gadgets and gizmos are excellent my iphone 4 synced straight into the hi-fi system and I'm happily streaming my music via bluetooth. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to hang up a phone call!? I try pressing the button on the end of the stalk for volume etc and it just brings up a menu to access the error log... Bit strange but haven't consulted the handbook yet. I still can't believe all the bluetooth phone kit comes as standard, I was in a traffic jam next to a guy in a 1 series 118d who was holding his phone to his ear and I was thinking you've bought the wrong car! He more than likely paid more for a run of the mill car that you see thousands of with hardly any kit on it just because its got a bmw badge, yes it will do 50 to the gallon but so will the hdi ds3. As well as the fuel economy running costs are great, my insurance is due next month and I'm looking at saving at least £200 over the celica which was slower and £50 on road tax.

The ride in my dsport is good, a little more body roll than in my celica but I will happily sacrifice that for the fact I now have a much better driving position, the celica was so low you couldn't see over grass verges at roundabouts. The cabin is a nice place to be so, so much room! I am normally have a full car on a Sunday morning for football and they happily fit in even my 6ft 3 friend has head room in the front. A big difference I have noticed is there is a big reduction in road noise which considering the car is running on thinner tyres is a good achievement.

It really is a pleasure to drive the engine pulls nicely, I especially notice the difference in the higher gears which I think is due to the turbo giving it a bit more torque. It took a while to adjust to the ds3 when giving it a bit of the right foot as the celica engine is a very highly tuned non aspirated engine and has almost motorbike engine qualities with a lot of the power high up the range where as the ds3 offers more pull in the middle.

All round a great car for the money and I look forward to showing it off at a meeting soon. I wanted it to be Bromsgrove, sounds like a great meet and local to me but I fly out the morning of the 12th! Oh well maybe Paris...

Nice write up! Be good to see you at either Bromsgrove or Paris!

With regards to hanging up a call, you can do this by either double-tapping the button on the radio or by hitting the button on the end of the radio stalk to the right behind the steering wheel.. Works fine for me.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Great review - glad to hear you're enjoying it

Comment

Working...
      X