Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please 2010 or 2012?

Hi,
    I am looking to buy a used DS3. I have narrowed what I want to a Diesel 110 or 115 Dsport with GPS.
    I was looking to buy a 2012 model as they appear to use less fuel than the 2010 model. Nobody seems to be able to tell me why!!!
    I then got to thinking about the difference in price between a 2010 and a 2012 and thought "you can buy a lot of fuel for the extra couple of grand"

Can anybody tell me the technical differences between the 2010 and 2012. Did they change or improve anything?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mick

Engine refinements and development. New engine for 2014/15. I had a 63 plate Dsport used to get mid 50s on a 30 mile round trip to work & 60+ on a good run.
    DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I cannot afford a 2014 model. I am more interested in the changes between 2010 and 2012.
      When was the Start/Stop introduced and is it standard or an option?

Thanks
      Mick

Comment

It wasn't on our 2010 DS3 but is on our 2012 and was standard then. I needed a little workhorse to do around 25000 miles a year in and the D Style plus is fine for that purpose. I work on the theory that if you can afford the later car then in 3 years time you will will only have a 6 year old car and you will have something with more value at that time if you want to exchange it, or, if you need to keep it a couple of years more then it is still not old, as opposed to having an 8 year old car by that time. The couple of grand saved, by buying an older car always seems to evaporate. C3's and DS3's have been great cars for us. Good value, great on fuel and despite what all the VW experts assure me, very reliable.
        Last edited by Old Bloke; 20-07-2015, 23:14.

Comment

The are only a couple of minor differences between the engines, most notably the reduced emissions and stop start (standard from 2012) which gives slightly better fuel.

Performance wise you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
          X