Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Center Caps

Hi guys,

Bit of a weird one really. Im having some custom center caps made, they will be a vinyl the goes over the one in place and i wondered if anyone else fancied any. Reason i ask is that it is the same price to have 5 sets made as it is 1 so i thought i would offer them arround to see if anyone wanted some. I will upload a design that i have created shortly.

Obviously they are colour coded for my car but i can made other colours too.

Im not asking any money for them but if anyone does want some i would ask to cover the postage.

Let me know your thoughts and if you want any.

Here's the idea, as stated above colours can be changed to anything

Comment

You know that the chrome piece is just clipped onto the black round piece and they come apart real easy if you want to paint them yourself.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        You know that the chrome piece is just clipped onto the black round piece and they come apart real easy if you want to paint them yourself.
        I did think of that but im not sure if i have the skills for something like that just yet! thought it would just be easier to get a design and stick them over as it would be an outdoor vinyl, also keeps its easy to remove

Comment

Originally posted by bkwhoper View Post
          I did think of that but im not sure if i have the skills for something like that just yet! thought it would just be easier to get a design and stick them over as it would be an outdoor vinyl, also keeps its easy to remove
          You might find that a sheet of vinyl will apply better rather than fiddling about and wrapping individual characters.

As Cycles said, pop the insert out > lay over the vinyl and clear out any bubbles > re-attach to cover.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

sorry, i misunderstood. but yes i will remove them so that i can do that, just didnt fancy the idea of painting them which i what i thought he meant. but yeah i will pop them out and do them properly

Comment

Actually it was but should work great like that
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Has anyone got any pics of vinyl wrapped centres? I'd be interested to see the results. :o)
                "I'm a writer. I give the truth scope."
                https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010501688560

Comment

Originally posted by Jo67 View Post
                  Has anyone got any pics of vinyl wrapped centres? I'd be interested to see the results. :o)
                  I havent got any at the moment as its just a design at the moment but like i said if you wanted to have a set just let me know. Not sure what the end result will be but looking forward to finding out

Comment

Here are some ones that they have created before just to give an idea

Comment

I wonder if the DS3 ones will look as good as the chevrons aren't flush to the backing colour plate are they ? Personally I'd go with the suggestions above and wrap just coloured part
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                        I wonder if the DS3 ones will look as good as the chevrons aren't flush to the backing colour plate are they ? Personally I'd go with the suggestions above and wrap just coloured part
                        Might be the case for you guys but i have changed my alloys so mine are a smooth surface so it will work for me. Just didnt know if anyone else had either changed their wheels or center caps at all.

Comment

is there a blue and black one avaliable?

Comment

Mark has some for his new wheels

My DS3R3... nearly....
                            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                            X