Warranty safe modifications..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty safe modifications..

So I've been reading up that there's a few tuning companies around for Ford that are warranty safe, are there any for Citroen?

I've been looking at some upgrades but of course it'd be ideal if I could keep the warranty intact, my guess is no as I've been trying to find some info on here but no joy as of yet!

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben

Any upgrade runs a risk with Citroen it would seem.
    I did re-map mine but fortunately never needed to make a warranty claim.
    Sure our friendly dealer (Biggie) will be on here soon and advise.

Cheers

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
      Any upgrade runs a risk with Citroen it would seem.
      Pretty much this. It depends on your dealer though, some will turn a blind eye or allow certain mods. I've heard of some that are fine with exhaust / suspension mods but if you have issues then you obviously can't claim under warranty.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

There is no such thing as a warranty safe modification I'm afraid. The legal side of the warranty is very specific in regards to changes to the car, what you need to understand is the warranty is a legal binding agreement between you and Citroen/DS. If you change the aspect of the car then the warranty is no longer binding.

Granted some dealers are a little more clued up and understand that if you change the radio it is not going to affect your braking system for example so I would suggest speaking with your dealer and seeing what they would be happy with if they have to placing a warranty claim.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I'm guessing you're referring to the likes of Motune whom Ford will recommend and offer an upgrade service to move to these aftermarket parts and remaps.

Citroen don't currently have any official partners of this sorts other than Citroen racing. Even then you'll still run the risk of voiding your warranty by adding any aftermarket parts that aren't authorised by Citroen/DS.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            I'm guessing you're referring to the likes of Motune whom Ford will recommend and offer an upgrade service to move to these aftermarket parts and remaps.

Citroen don't currently have any official partners of this sorts other than Citroen racing. Even then you'll still run the risk of voiding your warranty by adding any aftermarket parts that aren't authorised by Citroen/DS.
            Also know as ripofftune

Comment

Stickers

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                Stickers
                They add 10bhp minimum so they're a good idea.
                May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
                October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
                Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                  Stickers
                  Like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	race.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	359735
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

At the moment I don't think the drivetrain could handle all the extra BHP that a shopping list could offer.. ha

Thanks for the comments, I didn't think their would be! Although they don't seem to want to do much under the warranty anyway! My centre speaker has blown, but of course that's because my music is on too loud when it's happening so there's nothing they can do.. hmm wondering if they're like this with mechanicals, may just throw caution to the wind and enjoy the car..!

Comment

Originally posted by benbrown View Post
                      At the moment I don't think the drivetrain could handle all the extra BHP that a shopping list could offer...!
                      Doubt the THP 150/5's could handle more than 205BHP myself- lots problems inc heat
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                        Doubt the THP 150/5's could handle more than 205BHP myself- lots problems inc heat
                        Jamie and Czar would know for sure but I think that engine runs at the same temp in other cars at over 200bhp. Yes I agree the clutch would be a weak point and more importantly how the car was looked after and driven.

Comment

Yes, maybe...but they would have internal modifications, silicone and gaskets able to withstand the increased power/heat output
                          If you mod an engine specced up at 150 BHP, running it at over 200 BHP will causes issues.
                          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 21-08-2015, 19:52.
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yes, maybe...but they would have internal modifications, silicone and gaskets able to withstand the increased power/heat output
                            If you mod an engine specced up at 150 BHP, running it at over 200 BHP will causes issues.
                            The heat issues I believe have been solved with the recall of the sensor? I had mine done today actually, which is why I ask about the mods. Would they change something in the future if under warranty and they spot a different exhaust for example. My assumption would be if it's not directly affecting that part I.e. Wheels shouldn't effect a temp sensor!

I'm not looking at silly modifications just want a bit more grunt and since hearing a milltek, I now want a milltek. Planned on doing remap wheels exhaust suspension and so on at some point, just deciding whether to wait until the warranty is up or jump the gun and get the ball rolling so to speak

Comment

I suspect those such components may be the same as used on that engine with a higher bhp ie the RCZ and Racing engines.
                              Jamie will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the Racing uses exactly the same clutch as those fitted to other Peugeots with the THP like the 308 for example.

Comment

Working...
                              X